Getting a Marine tattoo after grad?
Create Post

Getting a Marine tattoo after grad?

Never really thought i would want any military tattoo and am still debating on getting one, if i did it would be something simple like the Marine logo in black. As i get closer to my ship date and more into the "Marine" mindset, it really is an honor and i would be proud to show something like that. My question is how many of you Marines out there got a tattoo after graduation and what you got,where, things like that.

oh also, i was looking at the restrictions on where one can have tattoos, later i have plans to get a small tattoo on the neck but it would be below the collar, is this still considered restricted or would i be able to get it?

I got one straight out of boot camp. It's on my upper arm and is a bull dog with USMC below it. I got another on about 3 years after I got out of the Military. I'm not sure about the regs on tattoos anymore, but I do know that they have gotten pretty strict on where they are, and how many you have. When I was in, there really weren't any rules on how many you could have. (At least no rules that I knew of). I got a bunch while I was in (forearms and all) and never had any issues. But it's changed, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by just1guy View Post
    Never really thought i would want any military tattoo and am still debating on getting one, if i did it would be something simple like the Marine logo in black. As i get closer to my ship date and more into the "Marine" mindset, it really is an honor and i would be proud to show something like that. My question is how many of you Marines out there got a tattoo after graduation and what you got,where, things like that.

oh also, i was looking at the restrictions on where one can have tattoos, later i have plans to get a small tattoo on the neck but it would be below the collar, is this still considered restricted or would i be able to get it?
    My advice is to wait until your first re-enlistment before considering a moto tat...When unmotivated you gets out in 4 years you're going to regret it.

"Yeah, I'm a US Marine, so I need a tattoo, like now."

"I just wanted to get a tattoo that I'd never regret..."

My favorite is people who get MOS tats and get dropped from the MOS school or whatever and end up in a different MOS.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Devil1087 View Post
    My advice is to wait until your first re-enlistment before considering a moto tat...When unmotivated you gets out in 4 years you're going to regret it.

"Yeah, I'm a US Marine, so I need a tattoo, like now."

"I just wanted to get a tattoo that I'd never regret..."
    Concur - boot camp may seem like a big deal when you graduate, but then you show up in the fleet and you realize that you've got a long way to go.

There is a function on the computer called the search function. Use it.

DO NOT get a tattoo on your neck! Upper back at most; but not the neck. If it's not covered by the collar of your t-shirt you will be asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    My favorite is people who get MOS tats and get dropped from the MOS school or whatever and end up in a different MOS.... lol

I think the worst that I've seen is people getting them prior to going to bootcamp. (Bad idea). We had a guy with one in bootcamp, and he ended up not making it.

I got an EGA tattoo on my arm in MOS school and 3 years later still havent regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    We had a guy with one in bootcamp, and he ended up not making it.
    Sweet.

Don't put the cart before the horse; some of these wanna bees should pay attention to that.

I got mine as soon as I got to Lejeune, and over the years I have added to it and I'm getting ready to have some touch-up done to the original; but I've never regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Sweet.

Don't put the cart before the horse; some of these wanna bees should pay attention to that.

I got mine as soon as I got to Lejeune, and over the years I have added to it and I'm getting ready to have some touch-up done to the original; but I've never regretted it.

I've never regretted any of my "motto" tats. However, I do have others that I regret.

Credits
    Savings
    Thought
    You will have this until you are planted

I have two---not saying thou shalt not just want you to think about a tatto

Do not get a "Marine" tat. You have not earned it and do not rate it. If you make it, than stop at the first tattoo shop you see after boot, but nothing on the hands, face or neck. I would recommend nothing visible in a T shirt.

Thread Information