HBO documentary about my unit, airs February 17th
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HBO documentary about my unit, airs February 17th

1/6 battle of Marjah, rah.

Think it'll be any good Accord? More importantly...are YOU IN IT?

Sweet John, can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Think it'll be any good Accord? More importantly...are YOU IN IT?
    HBO is very pro-military and when they do something they do it right, I'm assuming this is probably going to be one of the most real accounts of the REAL war actually going on than anything else that's come out since 9/11. Don't know if i'm in it, but I saw the HBO camera dudes rolling around so i'm sure i'm at least in the background of a few scenes.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

I don't have HBO otherwise I'd watch the premiere. Does anyone here have a DVR that they'd be willing to use and upload the show onto the internet? If so that would be fantastic. If not hopefully someone else will do it.

SF

Going to set my DVR!

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    HBO is very pro-military and when they do something they do it right, I'm assuming this is probably going to be one of the most real accounts of the REAL war actually going on than anything else that's come out since 9/11. Don't know if i'm in it, but I saw the HBO camera dudes rolling around so i'm sure i'm at least in the background of a few scenes.
    Congratz Marine and will watch it as well, just wanted to note if anyone hasnt seen "Generation Kill" thats another great HBO series about Marines in Iraq and it was written from the view of a reporter who went through all of the combat the Recon Marines in it went through. Also written about by the platoon lt. Nate Fick in One Bullet Away

Set my DVR last night! Semper Fi!!

I am watching it!! We all need to know what our Marines are really doing for our country to appreciate it!! Lets learn a leason from the past, and that is don't let the liberal media hijack our nation's patriotic loyalty to our troops!!

You weren't even there.....

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    An jest how do you know that for a fact there, dback? Man up and tell us

I watched it tonight and I believe it to be an excellent presentation. As usual, there is a vast difference between what the politicians and generals say, and what the boots on the ground, the grunts say about a war. The vast difference for example, between the high praise given by the President and generals for the performance of the Afghan forces "fighting" along side the Marines and the total lack of confidence the Marines obviously have for the less than acceptable behavior of the Afghan forces. This reminds me of what I remember about the ARVN in Viet-Nam. There were some highly motivated and well trained units that performed with professionalism and courage, but I did not have the pleasure of their company. The ones that we were forced to work with would steal from us, fall asleep on watch and give information to the enemy, all the while avoiding combat when possible. Some things seem to never change and I salute these modern Marines who have both a difficult enemy to fight and new rules of engagement that give the enemy the upper hand, just as the rules of engagement in Viet-Nam gave the same advantage to out enemy. Free fire zones and H and I fire were approved but so was having to wait for approval to a high level before air strikes were allowed and let's not forget the micro-management by the Secretary of Defense and the President himself and who can forget the off-limit areas where the NVA were allowed to assemble and rearm that the vast majority of us were never allowed to attack. Both of these wars had/have an enemy that uses our own restrictions against causing civilian casualties against us, thereby causing some needless Marine casualties. I see much in common with the direction of these two wars and the political restrictions having too much influence and most of all, I see the same courage and determination of our Marines in dealing with the cards they are dealt and fighting the war that America sends them to. Like some Marine officer on the program said "Marines don't fight wars, we fight battles." And if I may add, we fight to win, no matter the circumstances or the odds against us. I salute the modern Marine in Iraq and Afghanistan and I am proud of the youth of America that still stands tall as U.S. Marines.
    Semper Fidelis

Thread Information