Yes, I'm really asking this.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yes, I'm really asking this.

Does everyone at some point throw up in boot camp?

Depends on how much wimp you have to get out, and by wimp, I mean puke.

never did.

No. It would depend on your physical fitness and stamina. Really it depends on your body and how hard you push yourself; say you want to get the best time on the three-mile run then you may be blowing chunks at the end. Kind of like when you go to the gym with a friend or a bike ride with someone and they end up throwing up because they aren't used to your level of intensity. Besides being prone to throwing up or being sick there is no reason for everyone to throw up. What has you so spooked?

I'm not sure what it is, it's been the cause of some dreadful anxiety for a long time now. It hasn't happened since I was in 5th grade, and yet I'm constantly worried about it. Oddly enough, it really is the ONLY worry I have about boot camp. But thank you for that answer, that eased my mind a lot. I'm going to work on making sure I'm in good shape before I go.

Looking at your weight drop, 45 lbs, in about three and half months. How are you doing this? Starvation diets etc can cause major anxiety in the body. When you ship, you will no longer be on a "diet." You will eat.

However for now, there are ways to battle anxiety with healthy food power punches. Like literally 4-5 unsalted almonds will level out your emotions. Eat them at the onset of the crazy thoughts. By the time you finish the last one you will wonder why you were even thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonToBe0121 View Post
    Everyone? No. But if you're going to puke at boot camp, it'll probably be at the gas chamber....

@lonewolf - My weight loss was simply from not eating nearly as much as I used to. I used to eat ridiculous portions, and I ate literally all day as I was bored. Now, I eat only when I'm actually hungry. It was just a matter of deciding I needed to stop eating so much, and when I did eat it needed to be healthier.

Do not throw up on my Marine Corps Deck, Semper Fidelis.

I puked all the time during PT. Just puke and keep going.

It's not that big of a deal... if you're grossed out by seeing other people do bodily functions then you should stay away from being in the field.

I never puked but I know someone who did. In fact, I saw a lot of people who puked in Recruit Training. One guy puked in formation after dinner one night outside the Chow hall. I remember hearing what sounded like a water hose being turned on, when I looked over he was projectile vomiting a redish liquid and it was coming out of every hole in his face. Must've been all the juice he'd been drinking at dinner. Another dude got a cigarette in the mail. The DI made him eat it and then drink all of the water in both of his canteens. When he didn't puke he had to go to the head and fill up both of the canteens with warm water and drink that. He ended up puking his Spaghetti dinner all over the front quarterdeck. Then he had like 45 seconds to clean it up. So yes, people do puke in Boot Camp but not everyone. Some people pee their pants too.

Last edited by Swampfox; 01-23-11 at 11:07 PM. Reason: spelling

A day before our 8 mile we drank about 2 canteens before chow. Gotta hydrate! Then came back and a different drill instructor was on duty so he hadnt known we already drank two. He told us to get our canteens online... Some of us finished the first one... ATTACK THE HEAD! fun stuff whoo haha.

Now my other wonder, do the female DI's go as hardcore as the male ones I hear about? Haha I'll assume they do, but it's crazy to think about! Guess you can't get out of Marine boot without some thick skin though

Now my other wonder, do the female DI's (Drill Instructors) go as hardcore as the male ones I hear about? Haha I'll assume they do, but it's crazy to think about! Guess you can't get out of Marine boot (Marine boot camp) without some thick skin though
    YES, the female Drill Instructors go hardcore! They wouldn't be Marines if they didn't.
    It's not no "Mamby Pamby Land" over there in 4th BN.

I never puked because of any physical training or anything like that. I did half-spew when we were being water tortured before lights out. That is, our drill instructors would make us hydrate (aka chug canteens) until a bunch of people puked all over the deck. I thought it was funny to be honest, but man did I have to use the head bad at revelle. I thought my bladder was going to explode a few times.

Good times.

Thread Information