Does Everyone know there General Orders
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Does Everyone know there General Orders

Listen up poolees who knows there General Orders and if you do what number to you know them up to. Its Time to learn them. If anyone has other Information that they think should be learned that is no in the welcome aboard book it would be awesome if you shared it with us.

Thanks Marines and Poolees!!!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    To take charge of this post blah... thats all I know lol. gotta hit the books. thanks for the reminder haha

Quote Originally Posted by calebh180 View Post
    To take charge of this post blah... thats all I know lol. gotta hit the books. thanks for the reminder haha
    This Recruits first general orders is to To take charge of this post and Government property in view. Sir lol keep on it the last one is the hardest... it is the longest

i did this with out looking at anything. let me know if im missing anything. im sure i messed up a few things.

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
    2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping on alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
    3. To report all volitions of orders i'm instructed to enforce.
    4. To repeat all calls from post more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
    5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
    6. To receive obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me. All orders from the commanding officer,officer of the day, officers and non commissioned officers of the guard only.
    7.To talk to no one expect in the line of duty.
    8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder
    9. To call the Corporal of guard in any case not covered by instructions
    10.To salute all officers and colors, standards not cased. <(think i messed this one up)
    11. To be especially watchful at night. During the time for challenging. To challenge all persons on or near my post. And to allow no one to pass with out proper authority.

--------------------------
    So i can grade myself

http://www.grunt.com/corps/scuttlebu...eneral-orders/

General Order 1

To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

General Order 2

To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

General Order 3

To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

General Order 4

To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

General Order 5

To quit my post only when properly relieved.

General Order 6

To receive, obey and pass on to the sentry who relieves me all orders from the commanding officer, officer of the day, and officers and noncommissioned officers of the guard only.

General Order 7

To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

General Order 8

To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

General Order 9

To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.

General Order 10

To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

General Order 11

To be especially watchful at night, and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

Posted by Sgt Grit Admin on 2010-06-22 19:21:59

wow i did ****ing awesome.
    im ready for boot. !!!!

They really aren't too difficult to memorize. I just kept going over them one by one and eventually got it. A lot of other poolees I know wrote them down over and over until they could do it by heart.

Your awsome man bring on the DI lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by dotKev View Post
    They really aren't too difficult to memorize. I just kept going over them one by one and eventually got it. A lot of other poolees I know wrote them down over and over until they could do it by heart.
    Im just gonna wait til about a month before i leave before i start memorizing knowledge stuff. Im alot more worried about being ready physically

Quote Originally Posted by dotKev View Post
    yeah they are way easier then i thought.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah once you get the first few down you get the hang of it and it becomes easier to memorize the rest... until you hit the last one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Buhler View Post
    Yeah once you get the first few down you get the hang of it and it becomes easier to memorize the rest... until you hit the last one lol.
    tbh the last one was easy for me. number 6 was harder then 11.

yeah... make sure you guys memorize them. dont pull a PFC guthier and not know any of your general orders in 3rd phase... lol

To be honest, if you've got a general idea of what they are before you leave, you'll be fine... Your drill instructors will have ditties for you to scream at the top of your lungs on a regular basis and you WILL remember your general orders.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Nope.

I have the General Orders, the rank structure, the Marine Hymn, The Rifle Creed, The Leadership Traits and the basic Marine Corps information all memorized.

Thread Information