DEP with a beard?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DEP with a beard?

Can I be in the DEP with a beard or will I be required to shave it? I know this is a stupid question but I do not want to show up at my recruiting office and sign up for MEPS and have my recruiter tell me to shave. My beard reflects my inner beast within.

Never was a problem before, unless things have changed, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just be prepared to shave it off before you ship or you'll meet the real inner beast of the Receiving Drill Instructors. Your inner beast will be a newborn kitten in comparison.

I had one while i was in the dep. Even had one for meps but shaved it before I shipped.

As long as it's shaved by the time you go to Recruit Training. If you show up to ship with a beard the Marines at MEPS will make you shave, and more than likely it will be with a cheap disposable razor and no shaving cream.

Put some milk on it and call the kitty to lick it off.

Quote Originally Posted by PART PILO View Post
    My beard reflects my inner beast within.
    I have heard alot of dumb stuff on the ask a Marine forum but this is by far the gayest

Thank you. I will keep it until I ship out.

Credits
    Savings
    Go ahead and take it with you
    The friendly personnel at receiving will give you a K Bar and help you remove it
    like Elephant mating
    lots of screaming and yelling in high places

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Long hair and beards were common in the early seventies....a recruit that was in receiving with me had both......when time came to shave the dome.....the receiving drill instructor saved this lad for last to sit in the chair.....

Bald head.....loose hair all over the place and shiat paper all over his mug....memories!

Until you sign the final papers and swear in you are still a civilian.....if the recruiters at your functions have no objections.... go for it.....but I agree shave before you go to the MCRD......you can shave your head also but it don't matter.....you will still sit in the chair and have those clippers run over your head.

A beard..... in DEP.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    A beard..... in DEP.

Really?
    Maybe he's in the DEP for SEALS Delta force or something.

Lol.

OK OK I get it.....no beard

No man you should so keep it and tell your recieving DI that its a reflection of your inner beast

Thread Information