Enlisting Complications - 0451
Create Post

Arrow Enlisting Complications - 0451

Hello, I am a senior in high school and I will be graduating in May. I have always planned on join the Corps as a Reservist, 0451. My local recruiter once told me that signing for that MOS would be impossible, then we took a look at the database and there were a couple who had signed for that. He then continued to say, but very vaguely, that "I would have to move if I wanted to sign for 0451." There is no 0451 unit that drills in my area but there is one 5 hours away (which I would be more than willing to do once a month). He then insisted that I sign for Active duty now on the DEP in Logistics and then I would be able to switch to a reservist MOS before my deployment when the new jobs come out in September. I relayed this message to my father, who served in the Marine Corps for 15 years, his reply was "Bull****". Could anybody enlighten me on subject, please?

Only sign for the job that you really want. Remember, you're going to have to live with your decision to sign the contract for the next 8 years.

As a reservist, you may say that you want to drive 5 hours but think about driving home from drill sunday when you haven't slept since friday because you were in the field the whole time.

So then it would be possible to sign 0451 even though im not in the area?

Thread Information