reclass question
Create Post

reclass question

Im sitting in matt plt right now waiting to pick up into my CBRN school. I heard from some of the broken marines that have been here for awhile that cbrn school is crazy hard and alot of people get dropped and reclassed. my question is what happens if i get reclassed? does the marine corp just drop me into a ****ty as mos or will i get some sort of choice? thank you in advance, Rahh

Don't let what anyone tells you pre-determine your success. I don't have any anwers to your questions but just hit the school head on and don't let anyone else put doubts in your head.

Usually getting reclassed means a negative page 11 entry in your SRB.

I know in Comm school, they gave you a couple chances before you got dropped. Basically if you failed 2 tests at any point in your training (less than 80% was failing).

Even still, if your instructor fought for you, you could still slip through the cracks. I don't know how your school works though.

If you do get reclassed, they pick a new MOS based on the needs of the Corps. Some people went to supply, other people got cool stuff like helo gunner.

Of course, this was 31 years ago but...I was dropped from ATC school at NAS Millington. I figured they'd just make me a grunt since my guaranteed contract was gone. Nope, since my ASVAB was good enough, they let me pick from any school on the base. Then, the guy helped me make a better choice. I picked jet mechanic but he said, "OK, but let me just run something past you. You work on a jet, then the pilot gets in, takes off, and leaves you standing there. If you go helicopters; when you're done working on the bird, you get in and go with him." Good point!!!

If you are put in a situation where you were going to be reclassed, how you end up being treated is very much dependent on how your command sees you. If you failed out of your MOS school, but were hard working, never gave up, good at all the Marine stuff, etc then they might try to get you somewhere that is more preferable to you (as in not the chittiest job). However, a lot of times they will just send you where ever the needs of the Marine Corps takes you. Work hard and you'll be fine.

In the words of Gene Kranz who was Flight Controller of Apollo 13: "Failure is not an option." Two words to chew on, "Confidence" and "Humility". Balance those two and you will do fine.

wildwoman nailed it. She told you what you need to do. Do it!

Thread Information