Hubby is prior service wants to go active, getting the run around..help!!
Create Post

Hubby is prior service wants to go active, getting the run around..help!!

I have been reading on here the horror stories of trying to get back in right now if you are prior service.
    My husband got out in 08, he was a CPl with a 5811 Mos (military police)....he is still in the IRR until June. Re-enlistment code RE-1A.
    We have been working with recruitors since Oct, we just recently found out that his package was sent in and they will begin reviewing all prior service packages after the 15th(tomorrow), we were told we should hear back in 3-4 weeks if they want to send him to MEPS.
    What I want to know from anyone who is or has gone through this or is a recruitor, what the deal is!
    Most people I have read about on here have said that it has taken them several months to hear anything!!
    Also, once the package is sent in, what and where does it go?
    The recruitor made it seem that if the package is "approved" then that would meen they are interested in him and they would send him to MEPS.
    Im so confused and frustrated with all of this so any help would be appreciated.
    Also, my husband has no tatoos and is still in IRR, will this make it easier for him?

So i just wanted to correct myself for something i posted that i just learned is not right. I guess that the recruitor did not send his actual "package" in but just the initial paperwork to get to MEPS, like his medical records. Apparently the package gets submitted after MEPS?

Play it by ear.

BlackWidow, you do realize that this thread is almost 2 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    BlackWidow, you do realize that this thread is almost 2 years old?
    Yep, found that interesting. BlackWidow joined yesterday, 12-17-12, and then immediately posted in at least five OLD threads. Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOS4429 View Post
    Yep, found that interesting. BlackWidow joined yesterday, 12-17-12, and then immediately posted in at least five OLD threads. Hmmmm.....
    Makes one really wonder.......huh!

What exactly would I be trying to hard for?
    I thought posting to threads gave you credits???

And what do you think think you can get with those credits?

Nothing. Just thought it would be fun to work towards getting more. What do you get?

Nothing....and nobody thinks it's funny when someone is posting in a thread that's a few years old just to boost their credits up.
    And just when you thought you heard everything.........unbelievable!

I did not know. Give me a break will ya. You are making this bigger than it has to be.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Is that profile photo a photo of you?

USMC1963: You can message me for questions unrelated to thee.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1963 View Post
    I think you just answered my question. LOL.
    Anwering your question is not in my recollection but no, it is not of myself. I found it on Google. Why?

Thread Information