Shipping out soon and still dont have a MOS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shipping out soon and still dont have a MOS

Hey whats up Poolee's, i swore in at the end of august of 2010 and im leaving to Parris Island in about 3 months.

Im kind of in a dilemma, the job i was counting on getting was Crew Chief, a MOS that involves paying attention to the operations on helicopters, Well i didnt score high enough on my ASVAB.

It was the second time i took the test and though i got a higher score (69) i didnt get a high enough mechanical score. I have no idea what to choose or what im interested in.. Crew Chief was a guaranteed contract and now all these other MOS's i have to choose from are in a Field where i could end up anywhere.

Can anyone motivate this Poolee and help him overcome this feeling of depression sort of

Im not asking you to pick my MOS, I guess im just asking for a MOS that your interested or one that you actually picked.. Maybe tell me why you picked it.

P.S- When people say your shipdate comes quick believe me it does!!! It feels like i just swore in yesterday at MEPS and its already been 5 months.

Last edited by Yankeeloon200; 01-14-11 at 03:26 AM. Reason: info

Hey I'm in the same spot your in. I ship out the fourth of April and I still don't have my MOS. I have been fighting for infantry, they told me it will be hard to get in, so then I told them combat support if not infantry. Still have no word from them at all, almost seems like there not even trying. Plus I'm in the front pack with my pft scores and there giving infantry contracts to feeble fat bodies. I have been in the dep just as long as you too so I think this is just how it is. Suck it up or join another branch

There's plenty of good jobs in the Corps just keep an open mind you can always make a lat move down the road

keep bugging your recruiter and say u wont go down with open contract.

23 days left for me :P

Same position here guys but I really don't care what job I get! I want learn something new plus i'm just really focused on earning the title U.S Marine!! So with that said i don't mind going in with a open contract.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You're just going to have to pick something else that's open or go in open contract. There's always a lot of vehicle operator slots, so that could be pretty fun. Just an idea. Good luck.

I picked MP because I wanted real world experience for the job I want when/if I decide to get out. I want to be a cop or CIA or something cool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    You're just going to have to pick something else that's open or go in open contract. There's always a lot of vehicle operator slots, so that could be pretty fun. Just an idea. Good luck.

I picked MP because I wanted real world experience for the job I want when/if I decide to get out. I want to be a cop or CIA or something cool like that.
    to bad cops hate MPs..so i heard lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    i leave in march. ended getting a mos i didnt want since everything was takin up. i just went to my recruiter gave him 3 mos that i wanted and he said he could get at least 3 of them. if you want infantry good luck. ive been trying for 4 months and they told me its filled till oct 2011.i got put in for infantry 2 days ago since someone droped out and it opened so hopefully i get it.

They should make poolees make first class pft before they give out infantry contracts. but hey what the hell do i know?

Yeah my recruiters are telling me the same thing but there are so many people on this site that got that MOS

Credits
    Savings
    It depends on where you are. I hear that Infantry is slower to get rank than other MOS so having that extra E-2 or E-3 is definitely be appreciated.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by lake9 View Post
    to bad cops hate MPs..so i heard lol
    Yeah, everyone hates MPs lmao.

My first choice was communications, I was hoping to get field radio operator and got field wireman instead.

My contract is open but I REALLY hope I get infantry before I ship. My recruiter says that the only available contract for me right now would be SF so I'll just have to wait and see.

I no longer have a open contract! I got 35xx Motor T!!

Thread Information