joining with a ged? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It is very difficult to try to enlist with a GED! I have no problem going to college for a couple of semesters for the 15 credits at all, I was just wondering if you say...scored a 90 on your ASVAB, will your recruiter try harder to get you in knowing you only possess a GED?

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfTheStripe View Post
    first off id like to thank all of you marines out there,you are an inspiration to me and hopefully someday soon ill be among your ranks,but anyways off to the real topic.

i have dropped out of highschool and i still want to pursue my lifelong dream of joining the corp,i am very smart and physically fit,i wrestled varsity for 3 years. i passed a practice asvab with a 58. i really want to join up and was wondering if theres any way i could still join? any info is apreciated.

thankyou, joey b.
    semper fi!
    Obviously, and you need some lessons on punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and proper sentence structure.

Credits
    Savings
    I was in Employment Services for many years with Riverside County. Visit your local EDD office (un-employment). Some times they were able to assist people in completing the requirements for a HSD..

Quote Originally Posted by 123456789 View Post
    Nope, OEF time frame. I joined in 08. To make you feel better i put stuff in my profile, so if its in your heart look me up and do whatever you gotta do, but i can assure you im not on the internet to lie to people like you implied. However i do know during that time they were trying to increase numbers. It was called a 12J waiver. There were a couple of other guys I went to boot camp with with the same circumstance as me. And for the record, I didnt drop out of school because I was a dumbass or anything like that, my family was going through a rough time so I quit school to work full time. I just recently got my GED because i have intentions to re-enlist, so i can put on this magnificant uniform everyday.
    Well, I learn something new every day. Good on ya and welcome aboard!

(And it's not about 'making ME feel better'...it's so 'we' in the community know to whom we are talking...glad you took it in the spirit it was intended and drove on...)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lep,,, I covered ya,,, If ya notice. It's what brothers do.

I did...and thank you! Well said. But I also wanted to add my own little bit.

Thread Information