When do I tell my boss i joined
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

When do I tell my boss i joined

I have bin working at my job for about 4 years and i just joined the USMC. When should I tell him. I need this job till about a week or two before i leave. Any suggestions. Thanks Marines!!

If you think you are man enough to join the Marine Corps,you should be able to figure it out yourself and give notice without screwing your employer.

Quote Originally Posted by crodgers4101 View Post
    I have bin (been) working at my job for about 4 years and i just joined the USMC. When should I tell him. I need this job till about a week or two before i leave. Any suggestions. Thanks Marines!!

When do you go to MCRD?

Go to your boss and tell him you have enlisted. Also tell him that you really need to continue working for him until you leave. Explain to him why you need to work until you leave. Employers today care quite a bit more about the military then they were back in the 60s.

Man up and talk to your boss.

Congratulations on your decision to enlist.

Man up and Get-r-Done, Semper Fidelis.

He doesn't have a ship date yet as he still needs to pass/get through MEPS, get waivers for other issues, etc.

Don't tell him ANYthing yet as at this point it could do more harm than good, as you aren't enlisted, don't have a ship date, and have no assurance you'll get them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Try the English lanuage; it has lots of nice words that will convey the mesage.

Thanks all I will have my ship date before I go back to work on we. I have a meeting with person that would approve my waiver before I go to meps on Tuesday.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It would be nice if you gave your customary 2 week notice. If you want to chance extra grief, brag about it as soon as possible. Make him start worring about your replacement longer than necessary.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You just walk right in.....sit on down.....and tell him......and then work the best you ever worked so there is no reason to let you go before you ship.

First worry about becoming a poolee first and getting a ship date.

Once you get a shipdate...give them the courtesy of giving at least a two week notice.

If you become a Marine and only do one hitch you might need to go back to them until you get established back in the civilian world....don't burn your bridges.....but foremost don't count your chickens before they hatch....make sure you are qualified at MEPS and you will ship when you say you will ship.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    It would be nice if you gave your customary 2 week notice. If you want to chance extra grief, brag about it as soon as possible. Make him start worring about your replacement longer than necessary.
    As sparkie said; 2 weeks notice and understand that once you give your notice no employer is bound to keep you on till the end of that period. He could let you go immediately.

So can they change my ship date after I go to meps and pick my mos feild with my recruter

Quote Originally Posted by crodgers4101 View Post
    So can they change my ship date after I go to meps and pick my mos feild with my recruter
    How can your recruiter change your ship date when you don't even have one, which also means you're not no poolee yet, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    He doesn't have a ship date yet as he still needs to pass/get through MEPS, get waivers for other issues, etc.

Don't tell him ANYthing yet as at this point it could do more harm than good, as you aren't enlisted, don't have a ship date, and have no assurance you'll get them.

How will it do more bad then good. There is nouthing holding me back everything is in order. I will get my ship date on Tuesday so how can me asking if a ship date can be changed a bad thing I just want to be prepaired. I would leave from meps if there was a plain ticket for me.

Thread Information