Few questions leaving in 29 days, would like to get some things off my mind.
Create Post

Few questions leaving in 29 days, would like to get some things off my mind.

Hello this is Poole Matt. My First question is about BCGs, When i was at meps back in June it seemed that i passed with flying colors. But after doing some research i discovered they dont tell you much Unless it DQs you. For example i just found out i have Flexible Flat feet. Since i was not told about this at MEPS i was wondering how can i tell if i will receive glasses, i have only been to the eye doctor once in my life when i was about 14 and he said i might need glasses just for driving when i turned 18...i'm 19 now. My Eyes seem fine. Do they tell you at MEPS if you get BCGs? will i just have to wait until Boot Camp to find out? My Secondary question is also about BSGs. If i do Receive Those BCGS is it mandatory that i wear them at all times? or just for classes/Rifle Range if needed?

Lastly Regarding my flat feet. I dont really recall many issues with my feet. I hiked many miles in the Adirondacks and the Grand Canyon. But after doing a Search on the Site i found a thread that a former poole wrote explaining that during Receiving they line every Recruit up. The doctor checks everyones feet for Fleet feet, If you do have flat feet they give you special insoles and special boots. Is this True or False?

Thank you for taking the time to read my Questions!

Your vision will be checked at boot camp.If you require eyeglasses,they will be issued to you.

You wont find out about BCG's at MEPS. You will have to wait until boot camp to see if you need them unless you go to an optometrist beforehand. Also, I would suggest if you are issued a pair, wear them all the time except for your blues photo.

As for insoles for flat feet. I dont know the answer to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post
    You wont find out about BCG's at MEPS. You will have to wait until boot camp to see if you need them unless you go to an optometrist beforehand. Also, I would suggest if you are issued a pair, wear them all the time except for your blues photo.

As for insoles for flat feet. I dont know the answer to that one.
    What Eye site Requires BCGS? that sounds like a great idea i have nothing to do besides workout. Been a long time since i have been to a Eye doctor. i dont feel like i have 20/20 anymore. like i use too...

Lake, I am not a doctor. So I would not know what will be the requirement for you to recieve the Birth Control Glasses. This is really minor. What is important is that you mentally and physically prepare yourself for boot camp. Study your knowlege that the recruiter has given you and work out on your upper body. You are looking good on the run, keep it up and work on bringing it down in time.

Get your mind in the game and the rest will fall into place, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.

Will do sir. thank you everyone for the info!

At MEPS all they check to see is that your vision can be corrected to 20/20. If there is an issue with your vision being corrected you would have been disqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Lamie View Post
    At MEPS all they check to see is that your vision can be corrected to 20/20. If there is an issue with your vision being corrected you would have been disqualified.
    yeah thats what i thought, Thank you.

while i'm posting anyone have a possible answer to the last question? Would be most appreciated!

Credits
    Savings

Flat Feet

Is that the last question you are referring too ? My buddy went in right after me in 1968, and he had flat feet and was a "grunt" in the Corps. Med Cruise.

Thread Information