Please help - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help

You mind as well just go for it, the only real purpose for doing one year of college would to go in as a contract PFC. Other then that there would be not much point in waiting if your goal is the Marine Corps. I did two years of college and then decided to join the Marine Corps just because I lost interest in what I was studying for. True I have over 60 credits done already so when or if I EAS i can easily go into college and get a degree faster. But if I could do it all over again I would have just went right into the Marines as soon as I graduated high school.

As for telling your mother that you will wait, its up to you. She asked you of that because she thinks you will lose interest in joining all together which she might be right. So bottom line its up to you on how you really want to live your life.

If you do end up joining and getting through boot camp, just remember its all about what kind of perspective you take. It can either suck most of the time or really ****ing suck all of the time, depending if you take a negative or positive perspective on things, will reflect what kind of experiance you will have in the Marine Corps.

Thats just my thoughts on things.

Quote Originally Posted by STPatterson View Post
    I never promised my mother everything. Although I did give her my word I feel differently now and I think that overall and with given time she will understand. It's my life so I will do what I want to do. This thread was about how to tell her remember guys? Not about the morality of the situation. Although I appreciate the opinions, I am going to enlist. As I said I just needed advice for the madre. That's my two cents, being my thread and all.
    Didn't promise your mother but did give her your word? What is the difference? It's fine that you feel differently now and you probably didn't need advice from this thread. I am happy for you that you are going to enlist and wish you nothing but the best of luck, but how would anyone here know how to tell your mother that you had changed your mind after "giving your word"? Again....a mans bond is his "word". I am not telling you that you have to go to college or you are nobody or have broken a "promise", but this something that can only be rectified between you and your mother. Nobody's interpretation of "your word" means anything unless it's the interpretation of you and your mother. There is no indication of your relationship with your mother. Get off the internet and go talk to your mom.....seriously! Good luck!

Thread Information