This recruit
Create Post

Thread: This recruit

This recruit

http://www.amazon.com/This-Recruit-F...4148894&sr=8-2

Just got done reading this. Great read, couldn't put it down. He covers a lot of things I was worried about and it's a great insight on a day to day coverage of boot camp. What books have you guys read that youd recommend?

Nice reference! I just downloaded it through kindle for PC and I'm excited about reading it! I will give a heads up when I'm done with it

Yeah that's how I found it, looking for books for my kindle.

Not about boot camp, but I would recommend the book Joker One. Was a great read in my opinion.

Not bootcamp related... Generation Kill by Evan Wright for a good read and One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Fick for insight and understanding amongst also being a good read. Both are amazing books.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    Not bootcamp related... Generation Kill by Evan Wright for a good read and One Bullet Away by Nathaniel Fick for insight and understanding amongst also being a good read. Both are amazing books.
    Read them both and would recommend them to anyone who is curious about the Marines!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Seems like a great suggestion Cam, so I just ordered a copy. Thanks.

I've been meaning to pick up one bullet away, I've already read the other ones

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey guys another good read about the Corps is Spare Parts by Buzz Williams It isnt only about basic but life after basic dealing with lose and going away to war. It is a true story.

Making the Corps. Good read, about boot camp but gets a little slow near the end where the author keeps talking about the culture of the Marine Corps. It may sound interesting but it really takes the focus off the boot camp part and its just slow. Other wise this poolee recommends it!!

House to House by David Bellavia is as raw as it gets it's a really good read about a platoon on the front line in the assault of Fallujah.

Lone Survivor by marcus Luttrell is about Operation Redwing and is a great first hand account from a Navy SEAL team.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Just got the book and started reading it and to my surprise, the author is from the same area I am from. His recruiting sub station is the same small office that is mine. I thought that was a cool and surprising detail I didn't know about in the book.

Thread Information