Help, In need of Advice!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Two sides to every story, i know alot of people that would like to be a Marine, mybe do some pt before you join anything, Everybody have Dreams, if your not in Marine shape. move on with your life,your child and spouse to me would be as satisfying. what was the question again

You made certain vows at your wedding and you accepted the responsibility of parenthood. Plainly and simply, you gave your word. There should be no question of whether you should honor it.
    If your marriage doesn't work out, well, I've been there, done that and have a couple of Tshirts. It happens. But, think long and hard before initiating an act that will end it. From what you have said, I don't think the results will be pretty.
    But, what about your child? Who will take care of him if you and your husband split? Can you go months and months without seeing him? You will have to if you join the Corps. And what if your husband gets custody and remarries? Can you take your child growing up knowing and calling another woman mommy? Think.
    Ultimately, this is your call. When all is said and done, it is your life, your call, and your responsibility. But, be very careful and consider all the angles. I have known a few women who gave up custody of their child/children and all of them bitterly regretted it later in life.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by tracs1833 View Post
    You made certain vows at your wedding and you accepted the responsibility of parenthood. Plainly and simply, you gave your word. There should be no question of whether you should honor it.
    If your marriage doesn't work out, well, I've been there, done that and have a couple of Tshirts. It happens. But, think long and hard before initiating an act that will end it. From what you have said, I don't think the results will be pretty.
    But, what about your child? Who will take care of him if you and your husband split? Can you go months and months without seeing him? You will have to if you join the Corps. And what if your husband gets custody and remarries? Can you take your child growing up knowing and calling another woman mommy? Think.
    Ultimately, this is your call. When all is said and done, it is your life, your call, and your responsibility. But, be very careful and consider all the angles. I have known a few women who gave up custody of their child/children and all of them bitterly regretted it later in life.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

New Update...Now he says that If I join the Military at all he is going to divorce me. I know he cant have our son, because I've talked to people. I'm worried that if I dont join and stay married that I will lose my oppertunity to do what I really want to do in life, and be happy. but If I join, and I dont get in then I am pretty much in trouble because I'll be divorced, alone, and have no place to live because I dont have a job and I'm not finished with College. I'm scared because my husband is my "comfort zone" and I am afraid to leave that zone....I dont even know where to begin...

Thanks

Jennie

Quote Originally Posted by JenWenthe View Post
    New Update...Now he says that If I join the Military at all he is going to divorce me. I know he cant have our son, because I've talked to people. I'm worried that if I dont join and stay married that I will lose my oppertunity to do what I really want to do in life, and be happy. but If I join, and I dont get in then I am pretty much in trouble because I'll be divorced, alone, and have no place to live because I dont have a job and I'm not finished with College. I'm scared because my husband is my "comfort zone" and I am afraid to leave that zone....I dont even know where to begin...

Thanks

Jennie
    If the 'people' you have talked to are not qualified divorce attorneys, don't pay any attention to what they say. If you want to persue this, talk to a qualified attorney. And realize that 50% of all attorneys in a legal trial are wrong and lose!!!

Thumbs up

I have good news!! My husband talked to a friend of ours who was in like 3 different branches of the service, and now he is on my side.. he is letting me join the Military! Although, He is not very happy with the branch I'm joining because he thinks the Navy is better and has better schools, and places to live. He is not going to argue with me because he knows in the end its me putting on the uniform and doing the training, not him. =D

Credits
    Savings
    Two dollars to a day old dog turd that this marriage is on the rocks.

Just sayin'.

Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Two dollars to a day old dog turd that this marriage is on the rocks.

Just sayin'.

I never thought it was good from the start , but that's because I chose family when it was my moment in the Army NG as I was ending my second 6 year enlistment anyway as family should come first , but that's just how I was raised !

PS. You can never buy those years back with your kid , regardless what you think !

I might be just a lowly poolee so I don't know much but maybe your husband is scared knowing his wife would be able to kick his @ss when you become a Marine??

So, when are you going to talk to your recruiter?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Infantry View Post
    I might be just a lowly poolee so I don't know much but maybe your husband is scared knowing his wife would be able to kick his @ss when you become a Marine??
    From my personal experience, I would say it would likely be more to do with him not having as much control over her.

I have already started getting the things I need and all the paperwork is amost finished. My husband is very supportive now and I guess you could say almost excited....but lets not get to assuming about how he feels. I just know that god has helped turn my life around and things are going very good.

and to CrockettJW your prob right, he will not be able to control me anymore! And I will be able to kick is @$$, but that will be the fun part hehe.

Talking Here's what I think !

I wish you well !

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I wish you well !
    Thanks!!

If everything goes according to plan, I will go to MEPS (April 20th) next week!! So excited and scared!!!

Thread Information