Do Inf. Marine and POG Marines go through exact same boot?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Do Inf. Marine and POG Marines go through exact same boot?

I was told infantry and POGs are segregated into different battalions I think its called. If so, does the infantry put more of an emphasis on PT than POGs during boot camp.

You were misinformed.

Everyone attends the same boot camp.
    However, at the next stage of training at the School of Infantry, non-infantry Marines attend the shorter course called Marine Combat Training (MCT), whereas infantry Marines attend a longer and more detailed course with Infantry Training Battalion (ITB).

An 03XX boot is as much a pogue (or POG if you prefer) as any other boot.

Also, I'd advise you, and every other poolee on here to quickly forget this "person other than grunt" sh!t - once you earn the title "Marine" you are judged on who you are and what you do moreso than your MOS. Don't go forward thinking that one Marine is superior to another because of their MOS - within the Corps, Marines are judged and respected (or not respected) based upon their actions.

You def need to lose the POG mindset. If you want to advance in the Marine Corps then you need to be professional. Everyone has a job to do and everyones job is important. Most of the Marines that argure that Grunts are better then POGs are boots.

The truth is, Marines are Marines. We all go to the same boot camp and earn the same Eagle, Globe and Anchor. Believe me, everyone in the Corps knows their MOS. The grunts know what they are and the administrative Marines know what they are. No one needs to prove anything to the other. I was an 03 on an airbase. Believe me when I tell you that the air wing Marines knew who the grunts were. No one needed to beat their chest and tell everyone what their MOS was. That's the wrong mindset to have in the Corps. It won't get you or anyone else very far if you think other than that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Possibly got this idea based on what the Army does? If so we are not the Army.

Boot is boot. As stated above, it is the same for all Marines. The segregation starts at SOI. That was even the same when I went through. We were segregated when we went to our MOS training. Just do your best and don't worry about the rest.

As far as grunt or POGs. Forget that crap and just do your job. Don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird azz. Mouth off to any senior Marine, regardless of MOS and he/she will have your azz as fast as any 03xx.

It seems like a lot of civilians get on the ask a Marine forum throwing the term "POG" around like they actually think they rate to use it. Actually any poolee reading this when you get to boot camp ask your kill hat or even your Senior which is better then write me and tell me how many times you puked on the quarterdeck after that

Quote Originally Posted by Marine3451 View Post
    It seems like a lot of civilians get on the ask a Marine forum throwing the term "POG" around like they actually think they rate to use it. Actually any poolee reading this when you get to boot camp ask your kill hat or even your Senior which is better then write me and tell me how many times you puked on the quarterdeck after that
    ROFL this is great. would love to see the look on the DIs face when asked that!

Thread Information