duty stations
Create Post

Thread: duty stations

Cool duty stations

I have a quick question i would appreciate if anyone could answer for me. Im going to MOS school soon and am going to make my "wish list" for my permanent duty station. I want to go west cost but don't want to get stuck in 29 palms. What do you think the percentages of me getting stationed in 29 palms rather than camp Pendleton are?? Oh, and my MOS is 0621 if that would affect anything i'm not sure. But any input would be appreciated.

I'll start by saying that I am not even enlisted in the Marines, but in my opinion if you want to go west coast go for it. Being stationed at 29 palms is a risk you'll have to take if the west cost is where you want to be. From what I know there isn't really a way to tell either. The USMC will put you where they need you.

Lets see here you say you do not want to be at 29 Palms is this right? I said the same thing in 1966. But I singed my waver to go back to Vietnam by way of 29 Palms. I ended up staying for more than 2 years. I loved the place. It was the best place I was ever at during my 8 years in the Marines.

Thread Information