dep question, help please
Create Post

dep question, help please

Hey guys i have a question about being in the USMC DEP. Im currently a poolee, i have been in the DEP for approx. 11 months now my ship date was suppose to be in January, but do to the Marine Corps downsizing it's now pushed back to February. In the midst of this i somehow lost my job because of this(downsizing). I signed a 4x4 open contract with my recruiter and now im told that if i want to leave in February i have to pick a new MOS.

it's either that or i would have to wait until May or later for a spot to open up for the job i want. So, my question is it possible for me to go over to the Army even though im in the Marine Corps DEP? Im told they have openings for the job i want.

sorry if this is in the wrong section, im new.

YOU NEED TO TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUSELF SON!!!
    ask a army recruiter?
    I HOPE YOU GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER SON!!!!!!

goodluck

Nevermind guys the army recruiter just got back to me, i have the answers i need

IF you really want to be a MARINE, you'd wait for the MOS that YOU want, but it seems as though it really doesn't matter.......so I guess it's the Army for you.

Good luck.

Later, Army boy. Being a Marine obviously didn't meant that much to you. Its great to be serving your country, even better to be a Marine.

ah don't worry guys im still going to be a Marine, im leaving Feb. 14th for MCRD San Diego. it sucks that i didn't get the job i wanted. i chose 1371 CM and my new job

Quote Originally Posted by depquestion View Post
    ah don't worry guys im still going to be a Marine, im leaving Feb. 14th for MCRD San Diego. it sucks that i didn't get the job i wanted. i chose 1371 CM and my new job
    So do you REALLY want to be a Marine?

hey dont get yourself down, I want infantry almost more than anything, but my recruiter is telling my they only get 2 infantry contracts a year. The only thing I want more is to earn the title of a U.S Marine. So im just going to hope for the best and try to get the contract I want, if not I'm going for a lat move.

Thread Information