Back from the Isle with the Title.
Create Post

Arrow Back from the Isle with the Title.

...A bit of advice...

Most of you will not listen, it is proven fact. The drill instructors have stated many times durring my stay, that the same problem persists every cycle.

Do not fight amongst yourselves once you become a platoon... It does not help. Granted you are not going to like each other, and there are going to be times where you are like "DUMBA$$, STUFU! ALREADY." Trust me, been there. Done that. It does not help. Most of the time when you are being steamrolled it is simply because there is spare time and nothing else to do... so what does your killhat do? Make you stronger, you will appreciate this later.

I could give you loads of other advice but plain and simple it all boils down to this. Do not fight amongst yourselves and bootcamp will be easy. The sooner you grow as a platoon, the sooner bootcamp becomes FUN! ... Oh, and LISTEN WHEN THE DRILL INSTRUCTORS SPEAK! If someone does not hear them, help them (refer to the first bit of advice).

Marine, MCRD graduate of Plt 3102 3rd Bn. Mike Co. Third deck follow... yeah we had it. It could have been far worse... it can ALWAYS be far worse! In the end you look back thinking, "That wasn't that bad!" And trust me, you will grow to miss the Hell hole you called a squad bay... It began for me when my Greenbelts SAT DOWN the night before graduation and spoke to us like big brothers...

For future reference we had Kids from 1st and 2nd Bn. Get picked up into our Plt... all of them quit after 1 day with our killhat, as well as several from within our Bn, from other companies. We had one drop for "self proclaimed suicidal tendencies" one week before the crucible... guess when we picked him up???? Admin week... It can always get worse.

Hold Grape up!
    Keep marching!
    Your packs will become lighter...

Cellinheim reporting in PFC graduation date 20101210...US Marine.

I just got back too, Graduated Dec 10. What Platoon where you?..Anyway, you are right..even though my platoon never really became a platoon, but I agree 100% with what you said, when you are ****ed off don't be telling each other to f*ck off or go to hell or STFU, because sometimes you may not be so lucky and the DI may not let it slip and slay the whole platoon...Believe me if you **** the DI's off the WILL make time to f*ck you up! Some advice to the poolee's..when you hear people say..SPEED, VOLUME, INTENSITY..it really does WORK. Yeah when you first get there you will sound off, but I promise it will die down..DON'T LET IT!! Sound off with everything you say and the DI's wont mess with you as much, as long as you are fast, loud and intense. Oh, and don't mess up at drill, that's the only reason the Drill Instructors knew my name, because I just wasn't good at it. But remember, your going down there for a reason, when the Drill Instructors do stupid things or what not and you get ****ed at them, just remember your there to earn the Title and that the DI's are just doing their job...and if you take anything out of what I said take this...DON'T TAKE ANYTHING THEY SAY OR DO TO YOU TO HEART...and Take everything they say like a grain of salt and you should be good to go.

SEMPER FI!

Thread Information