Page 11
Create Post

Thread: Page 11

Page 11

marine has a page 11 entry because he failed a PFT but the entry has a line crossed threw it. why is that?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What? That is so unintellidgable I Cannot fathom,,,,,

Screw that PFT score crap i said it back in the late 60s and 70s and i will say it again. we as Marines are never gonna run 3 miles to a damn gunfight in full gear.. show me anywhere that running 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at night is gonna make you any better of Marine shooting the enemy. All that running has proven to cause arthuritis as you get older plus Knee Replacements..

Quote Originally Posted by hrscowboy View Post
    All that running has proven to cause arthuritis as you get older plus Knee Replacements..
    Ah, so true

Where's my tylenol

Screw that PFT score crap i said it back in the late 60s and 70s and i will say it again. we as Marines are never gonna run 3 miles to a damn gunfight in full gear.. show me anywhere that running 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles at night is gonna make you any better of Marine shooting the enemy. All that running has proven to cause arthuritis as you get older plus Knee Replacements..

Its a set of standards. Nobody expects you to run that far in a gunfight thats why you do it in PT gear. Its is a measurement of physical ability and a way to gauge ones fitness.

,Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tylenol my a$$! Lortab is waaaaaaaaay better!

I was always told to take Motrin and hydrate

I think rather than strictly running 3 miles everyday, more units should move to other forms of PT (football, soccer, basketball, etc.) It's still running, but doing the quick sets of sprints you do in those sports actually help bring your PFT time down better than the long distance running does...

Thread Information