infantry options
Create Post

infantry options

My little brother is going into the marine corps and just signed his 6 year active duty infantry HJ option contract, but i have a buddy that just got out of the marine infantry and he told me his infantry contract was a 4 year uh option.

Can any one help me understand the differences?

Thank you.

If he has a air wing mos i could see him having a longer then four year contract. Unless things have changed since 2003 thats the only thing i could think of. Unless recon has changed the years in which you must serve.

Last edited by 2nd0326; 12-11-10 at 12:40 PM. Reason: or a certain 0300 mos that is requiring for a longer service.

It could be he is thinking of his IRR time as active time also. Active duty contracts are usually 4 active and 2 Years in the IRR.

His contract is 8yrs total, 6yrs active - 2yrs reserves

there is no such thing as an HJ contract

The difference? Two more years of active duty service. Tell him not to do. Do four active and if he likes it, he can reup for a sh!t load more money than what he's getting for six at first.

Six year contract is likely offering a bonus. When I was enlisting 5 year contracts with a 4-5k bonus were easier to find than straight four year ones.

With the way bonuses are going the last couple years, I wouldn't count on getting one when you reenlist. The bonus for my MOS was over 50k last year, and absolutely nothing this year.

Thread Information