Saluting
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saluting

Saluting

Does anyone know if when wearing a beanie, Do you salute an officer? And if so do you know where I could find the order where it states that?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel2207 View Post
    Does anyone know if when wearing a beanie, Do you salute an officer? And if so do you know where I could find the order where it states that?

hahaha..we had a discussion about this awhile back. Came to this conclusion...

Being that it is an authorized cover yes you would, but you would never wear a beanie under normal circumstances in garrison while in uniform(cammies or otherwise). So it wouldn't really matter or apply.

It would be cool to see an order on such a thing though to know for sure.

Well the question came up because of how cold it gets on the east coast during the winter and the beanie is authorized at after evening colors and befor morning colors but I was looking for the order that stated whether or not a salute was mandatory. I figured you would but I was tasked to find the order on it

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel2207 View Post
    Well the question came up because of how cold it gets on the east coast during the winter and the beanie is authorized at after evening colors and befor morning colors but I was looking for the order that stated whether or not a salute was mandatory. I figured you would but I was tasked to find the order on it
    hmmm....that's tricky then, didn't know it was being authorized like that

Define beanie. I beanie slang for a watch cap? Us old farts never wore such things. If it was cold we just toughed it out.

Each base is different, but as far as i know and the people ive talked to all say the same thing.

Beanie defined would have to be the brown cotton cover they give you when you receive all your cif gear

Okay, listen up all num-nuts: We were always taught that "when in doubt salute" Its not going to brake your frigging arm. What the h_ll is so complicated.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skosh59 View Post
    Okay, listen up all num-nuts: We were always taught that "when in doubt salute" Its not going to brake your frigging arm. What the h_ll is so complicated.
    we were taught the same thing also, don't try and pull your 'salt' on us.

Based on this that would mean you'd salute indoors w/out a cover on to right??

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post

Your reply doesn't rate a response. It just reflects you G2.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skosh59 View Post
    Your reply doesn't rate a response. It just reflects you G2.
    it doesn't rate a response, but you responded?

whats a G2?

If you are in uniform and your 'beanie' is authorize after evening colors and before morning colors...then you are covered and should salute when outdoors and see an officer.

Seems very straight forward to me.

A beanie huh? Interesting.

If it moves, and you are in doubt, salute it. If it does not move, paint it Marine green, give it a number and put it in stock. Doesn't take and G-2 to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post

Show some respect Marine, where did you get all that salt on that Gee-Dunk ribbon you're wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Show some respect Marine, where did you get all that salt on that Gee-Dunk ribbon you're wearing?
    I don't get the "show some respect Marine" thing......He was attacked for no apparent reason. So he should SHOW the respect and not expect any in return????

Thread Information