News About Doc's!
Create Post
    Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation News About Doc's!

......Corpsmen, check out www.msnbc.com !! There are pic's of wounded Marines, being medevaced by Army choppers, with Army Medic's treating the Grunts.
    Where's the Marine Huey's, and where's the FMF Doc's????
    SEMPER FI......Doc Greek.....

The FMF Doc's are on the ground with the Marines,where else would they be? Army and Air Force are doing most of the evacs.Did you notice the S/Sgt in the 5th photo was Female?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40533246...d_central_asia

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ......DAN....I didn't know that the Corps wasn't picking up the WIA, and KIA. ALSO.....I've been told that Marines are being medevaced to Army Med Bat's......strange....EH?....

Any port in a storm Doc--interservice rivalries are out the door at times like this

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    we were in the jungle with heavy incomeing....choped out an LZ....Marine choppers wouldnt come in to pick up the wia/kias...after the second night of listening to the mones and cryin of the wias...Corpsman was out of morphing...we called in the Army...they flew in under heavy fire and got them out...their huies were a little smalle target then the Marine choppers ....guess thats reason enough not to come in for your brothers on the ground?

Well in Nam I called in the med-vac from the Marines but they would not come. So I got on the radio and called for Dust off because I had 7 men down. The Major on the H 41 would not put the ship down because of the hot LZ from that time on I used the Army 90 % of the time, Those guys were just as old. I thought it was odd they would not pick up our own men. Maybe it was because they were older then the troops on the ground they all had their reasons.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've heard that in Vietnam US Marine helo pilots were sometimes reluctant to fly into hot zones to medivac. One old Marine I knew said Army pilots would come into the same zones without hesitation.

He believed that Marine pilots, being older, commissioned officers, were more aware of the danger to themselves, crew, and aircraft, all of which were hard to replace in the Marine Corps.

Army pilots, on the other hand, were mostly young, dumb, warrant officers, who really had little idea of what they were getting into or didn't care since they were young and invincible. Plus, if they broke a Huey, no worries, there was always a seemingly endless supply ready to go. Same with young, dumb, warrant officer pilots.

My #1 daughter, who worked at the Bagram Theater Hospital, a joint US Army/US Air Force facility, which sees almost EVERY serious casualty in Afghanistan eventually (including Afghan troops). She said this is how it basically breaks down in Afghanistan.

Casualties in the field are evacuated by the nearest available medivac helo, regardless of branch (or sometimes country). US troops are sometimes evac'd by Brits, and often vice versa. The Brits think very highly of the US Air Force Pedro units (staffed with PJs), as do US units.

She never heard of any serious refusals of medivac helos to land in hot zones unless they were already too shot up and could barely fly. Actually, they were mostly waved off by the troops on the ground if things were too hot.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....Here's what Doc's get paid to do!!!....Attachment 8965
    SEMPER FI......Doc Greek....

Last edited by DocGreek; 05-13-11 at 11:53 AM.

Thread Information