Awards in IRR
Create Post

Thread: Awards in IRR

Awards in IRR

Question does anyone know where the information for something like Volunteer/community service hours would need to be reported too in the IRR? We have a CO and SgtMaj those would be my first guess.

You need these for the 'Community service medal' I assume?

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuit View Post
    Question does anyone know where the information for something like Volunteer/community service hours would need to be reported too in the IRR? We have a CO and SgtMaj those would be my first guess.

Why in the hell would you even care? Nobody likes a kiss ass. Jeez...you'll be asking for a promotion next.

I care for the fact i am trying to reenlist. With that every little thing looks better on my record in order to get back in. I apologize if i have offended you by asking a question and trying to better my service record. I hope that someday i can live up to your non kiss ass standards.

There should be a rule. No commenting until one of two tasks have been preformed. Either a pot of coffee or a couple stiff drinks should be consumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    You need these for the 'Community service medal' I assume?

Yes that is what it would be for. Anyone else have any input?

Marine Free Member AAV Crewchief's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverQuit View Post
    Yes that is what it would be for. Anyone else have any input?
    No input aside from sarcasm for asskissers and jocksniffers.

What's funny is i didn't even originally intend to seek the award, on a typical day to day basis i enjoy trying to help others, my prior service recruiter is actually the one who told me to try and obtain it. Two years ago i couldn't have cared less about doing anything but my own thing. But then my mom and dad both died within four months of one another and going from the fourth to the eighth floor everyday for two months at the hospital showed me something. My dad died while i was outside and my mom passed when i had to come check back in with my company. Ya i don't know **** compared to those who have seen real combat or real stress in thier lives, but if you want to say that i am just some asskisser or jocksniffer then by all means go right ahead, i know my reasons and i know that i want to be as competitive as can be to get back in the Marines. The Marines have been the only place i have ever felt like i am actually making a difference anywhere, and what life i had outside the Corps is gone. I am honestly sorry if i have offended you or done anything to you AAV Crewchief, i asked a question and got a reply, I don't know you and have no place to judge you.

Dammit, I was editing and forgot to post my reply.

OK, I was just checking...

Get the place you vollied at to write you a letter detailing your hours of service. It should be signed by the highest ranking person at the agency. Once that's done, you'll need to submit it to your Chain. If you are IRR, you should still be able to access MOL, and I *imagine* (but don't know)...that you can upload information through that.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do the best I can to help.

Credits
    Savings

Apology

Perhaps a better man should render an apology ? I don't know I could be wrong ? Neverquit, do your best and forget the negative from people who should know better than to insult before knowing the whole story. my.02 Moz USMC 68-70 P.S. follow your heart and do the things that continue to make YOU a better man.

Thread Information