Bootcamp and beyond. [intel oriented]
Create Post

Question Bootcamp and beyond. [intel oriented]

I know these questions have probably been answered 1000 times but i ask that they be answered a 1001.

Q. After graduation from Parris Island, what MCT base would a I go to?

Q. After graduation from MCT, about how long til I would have to go to my next school? [Hopefully Intel school]

Q. And after graduation form this school, how long would I have til I would have to report in to my first duty station?

1. Camp Geiger which is in New River which is again in North Carolina.

2. All of 5 seconds, you immediatly get on a bus and go to the airport to go to your respective schools.

3. Depends on many factors. Are you taking leave? Where is your duty station? How will you get there? If its across the country and you are driving you get about a week and a half of travel time. If you fly you get 2 days.

For one, thank you, sir, for the fast response.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ860420 View Post
    3. Depends on many factors. Are you taking leave? Where is your duty station? How will you get there? If its across the country and you are driving you get about a week and a half of travel time. If you fly you get 2 days.
    And to these, i wouldn't even begin to know about these. If you'll excuse me for being a poolee.

I know you don't know the answers, I was just giving you some examples of the factors that will determine the time between MOS school and your check-in date for your next unit. As an example, my school took 8 months so I was able to save and take 10 days of leave and still have some in the bank, and then I flew from California to Alabama and drove the rest of the way to Lejeune. They gave me about 5 days for that. So I had about 2 weeks to check into my next unit.

Thank you or all your information and help, sir. It helped me out a good deal.

No problem, thats why the ask a Marine forum exists.

Thread Information