Hello Poolees!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Poolees!!

Hello Poolees!!

My name is Anthony Rodrguez! I finally deped in and stumbled open this site so i thought i would join! I leave for MCRD San Diego on March 22 if any one else has this date PM me! im am pumped for it. I am a reservist but i am planning on getting into the PLC, i have alot of family and friends that where former military that are pushing me to because they see some form of potential. im not doing that for them tho but for whom ever i may lead. i have always been one to put others needs before my own. and i understand fully that i will have to earn both the title and commission. i dont currently have a job so i can PT every day in preparation. what are some good ways to get my crunches and pull-ups higher besides doing endless reps? thanks every one and i look forward to talking with you all here!

First of all Poolee Rodriguez, this isn't Facebook. So you'll type your post as if you were writing an essay for AP English. Grammar and spelling counts.

As far as PT'ing goes, practice makes perfect. I know that's cliche but it's true. As long as you do crunches and pull-ups every day, your max will increase by the time you go to boot camp.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    First of all Poolee Rodriguez, this isn't Facebook. So you'll type your post as if you were writing an essay for AP English. Grammar and spelling counts.

As far as PT'ing goes, practice makes perfect. I know that's cliche but it's true. As long as you do crunches and pull-ups every day, your max will increase by the time you go to boot camp.
    tHanck u gramir poliz

Quote Originally Posted by NaMcTx View Post
    tHanck u gramir poliz
    Even though this made me smile, he is right if he would have posted anything like that in the Ask a Marine section all he would have gotten is ripped on for the grammer and spelling mistakes. I think he was just looking out for a fellow poolee with that post.

You want to join the Marine Corps yet you can't take criticism? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    You want to join the Marine Corps yet you can't take criticism? Wow.
    That's what i was thinking.

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Gentlemen this is why the Marines must have females. [/FONT]

yes know i need to work on my spelling, and i don't mind the criticism shows me what i need to work on. believe me i wouldn't have signed my contract without knowing i would get some verbal harassment haha also thanks for the advice on crunches and pull ups Vice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyr1991 View Post
    yes know i need to work on my spelling, and i don't mind the criticism shows me what i need to work on. believe me i wouldn't have signed my contract without knowing i would get some verbal harassment haha also thanks for the advice on crunches and pull ups Vice.
    You're welcome bro.

One thing my recruiter told me to do to improve my pull-ups is to do the pyramid technique. It's basically doing one whole pull up, then resting for 30 seconds, then do two pull ups, rest for thirty seconds, and keep going until you reach five pull-ups (or as high as you want to go, but I would start with five). When you reach five pull ups, do four, and then three, and keep going until you get back to one pull up. You could also make it more challenging and replace the 30 second rest with 10 pull ups. It's quite a work out, I promise you.

Son you better run and get it in. Run for 30 minutes if you can because I believe anybody can run 3 miles in 30. If you have to take a break dont stop shuffling those feet so keep it moving while slowing regain your breath back.

Crunches......Do full sit ups. I just dont like crunches but I know once I'm in I have to do them but for now I do full sit ups plus I think they work my core out more then crunches. Also the ab weight machine is a animal when you place weight to it.

Pull ups.....I struggle there mainly because of my back not being strong enough to support my weight but when I do chin up my arms and biceps put out more. I mess with the pull down machine until I feel my back cramping up from killing my muscles. Figured that will do something because its the same thing as a pull up just sitting down.

Grammar is key "here".

I work around guys who where in the Corps. Everybody can't be proper every time they speak or talk.

Its good not to should ghetto but you dont have to be an english scholar neither. Trust me I'm older then yall and work for the gov/mil. Alot of the management cant even speak proper.

Recon Ron Pull-up Program. If you have at least 6 pull ups for max, check it out. It will have you gaining pull ups faster than Farve gaining age. As for sit ups, I'm still tryin to improve mine. P90X's ab exercise works fine (youtube probably has it or something), just ask your recruiter or something. Other than that, welcome to the site, the Leatherneck community has great info on becoming a U.S. Marine.

try 7 weeks to 50 pull ups, its more than 7 weeks long( there's 5 sections and each section is 4-7 weeks) but its helping me get my numbers up slowly but surely. plus, you can find it free online untill the book comes out, in april i think. hope that helps

Dont just focus on your abs and back, You may ace the pft but what about your cft? Or when your hitting in obstacle course. Its hard to tell you a workout routine without knowing your build. But run at least 4 days a week with mileage no less than 3 miles, And workout the rest of your body, not just your stomach and back, you need overall strength and endurance. Im a fitness fien. You can PM me if you need info on a good routine

Thread Information