Female's Hair
Create Post

Thread: Female's Hair

Female's Hair

i have really long hair but it literally takes me 30 seconds to put up in a bun. the problem is that i am FED UP with my hair and want to cut it an inch above my shoulders.

will it be easier to have short hair during boot camp or to put it up in a bun?

thanks in advance!

It's a lot easier with short hair....no fussing around with long hair.

MCO P1020.34(web)
    MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS

1004. PERSONAL APPEARANCE

5. Grooming Regulations

c. The requirement for hair regulations is to maintain uniformity within a military population. Women's hairstyles require non-eccentric styles. Female Marines will be well groomed at all times and when in uniform will abide by the following:
    (1) Hair may touch the collar, but will not fall below the collar's lower edge. Hair that would fall naturally below the collar's lower edge will be neatly and inconspicuously fastened or pinned. During physical training periods in which physical training clothing is worn, hair will be allowed to fall naturally, without being fastened or pinned. This does not apply when conducting physical training in the utility uniform.

(2) Hair will be styled so as not to interfere with the proper wear of the uniform headgear. All headgear will fit snugly and comfortably around the largest part of the head without distortion or excessive gaps. Hairstyles which do not allow the headgear to be worn in this manner are prohibited.

(3) Faddish and exaggerated styles to include shaved portions of the scalp other than the neckline, designs cut in the hair, unsecured ponytails and styles which are distinctly unbalanced or lopsided are prohibited. Multiple braiding is authorized. If hair extensions are used in the braiding of the hair, the extensions must have the same general appearance as the individual's natural hair. Braided hairstyles will be conservative, and conform to other guidelines listed herein.

(4) Barrettes, combs, rubber bands, etc. are authorized, if concealed by the hair. Inconspicuous hair pins and bobby pins, if required, are authorized. Hair nets will not be worn unless authorized for a specific type of duty. Wigs, if worn in uniform, must look natural and conform to the above regulations.

(5) Cosmetics, if worn, will be applied conservatively and will complement the individual's complexion tone. Exaggerated or faddish cosmetic styles are inappropriate with the uniform and will not be worn. If worn, nail polish and non-eccentric lipstick will harmonize with the scarlet shade used in various service and dress uniform items (i.e. scarlet cord on green service cap, scarlet trim on blue dress uniform, and scarlet background on enlisted insignia of grade), in shades of red, and may be worn with the service, blue dress, blue-white dress and evening dress uniforms. Colored nail polish will not be worn with the utility uniform. Fingernails with multiple colors and decorative ornamentation are prohibited. Nail length will be no longer than 1/4 inch from the tip of the finger. (MARADMIN 199/01)

(6) No female Marine will be required to remove leg hair except where considered unsightly and cannot be covered with appropriate hosiery as described in subparagraph 3027.5. (ALMAR 352/96)

http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/sit...MCUR/URCh1.htm

Shorter is definately easier in bootcamp. I cut all my off before I went and was glad I did. The girls with long hair got a lot of crap from the DIs for taking too long to get it in a bun or flyaways. Not worth the aggravation.

But once I got out, I grew it long again.

THANK YOU!!

i will definitely be cutting my hair before i go!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am sooooo glad thats settled

Most definately short hair!!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post

Glad we were able to put your mind at ease.

Now bite me.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, Mam.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    I really think you shoudl grow your hair out and try it.....

Quote Originally Posted by tdrt View Post
    Glad we were able to put your mind at ease.

Now bite me.
    Don't tell sparkie that. He is liable to show up and try to bite you. And none of us know when the last time he was vacinated.

Go to www.recruitparents.com; there is a forum there specifically for female recruits and they have discussed this issue before.

Good luck.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'd rather bite Cpl. Nelly,,,,,,,,,

Awe well aren't you sweet to think of me Sparkie.

Thread Information