The Armor of God
Create Post

The Armor of God

"Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

"Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints...." Ephesians 6:10-18

Truth is the cornerstone of arming ourselves for the battle's in our lives.

The Belt of truth holds up our breastplate of righteousness and the sword of the spirit ( The Word of God).

When trials come; and they will. We must prepare for battle. Know what God says about your circumstances.

I have had many battles lately both physically and emotionally. It was easy for me to slip from faith in God to faith in men. God says, you ARE healed, you are able, you are more than a conquer. Men say you are getting old and incapable of doing much. You are in great pain and cannot carry out your mission any longer.

Choose God's truth! God will give you hope and a good future. Hang on to the word.

Discouragement has me lying around feeling sorry for myself, confessing defeat to myself and others. But God's truth has me walking victorious through the storm.

Is the storm bigger than me? That is a matter of perception. When I faced thousands of enemy soldiers I was able to overcome because of my belief that my Marines and I could easily defeat them. In Hue City we were outnumbered nearly 10 to 1 but we were victorious because we were prepared mentally and physically and trusted our armor.

Now as an older man I allow doubt, pain, and the storm to defeat me.

NO! I will not! I will walk through the storm equipped with the belt of truth (God's truth)the breastplate of righteousness.(God's righteousness) The Sword of his WORD ( Not doubt and unbelief) Shoes of Preparation for the storm ( God's Word) Using the shield of faith ( Not the fear of doubt)
    Protecting my head (Thoughts) with the helmet of salvation.

I will STAND confidently, knowing "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

How about you? Are you going through storms? Do you cower in the bottom of the boat? Do you trust the Whole Armor of God?

Lord,

Help us to trust in you completely when the storms come. Help us not fall prey to the words of doubt and failure; pain and suffering. Help us to walk victoriously through the storms of life. Help us to trust your Armor.

AMEN!

thank you cap. semper fi!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Doug, you always come up with the right words at the right time. God bless you brother. S/F

Thanks doug for your message of inspiration.Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.From Me and Mine.Semper Fi. Papa Taz and Family.

Thankyou Doug, may you and yours have a Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    S/F
    Butch

Credits
    Savings

Isaiah 41:10

Doug, I use those verses on a daily basis. And a comparative verse Isaiah 41:10 " Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed for I am thy God:I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. 1 John 4:4 also Gary/Moz 68-70 USMC Thanx Bro for posting !

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    AMEN

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    Amen.... and God Bless

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amen and Thank You Doug.

Mistybluelady
    Guest Free Member
    The Lord said...... Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistybluelady View Post
    The Lord said...... Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord, your God will be with you wherever you go.
    I have always felt that way. My Faith has gotten me through some tough times in my life and despite being terrified at times, I knew God watched over me

Thank you for that Lisa!!

My Sisters and My Brothers

I want to say to my sisters & my brothers, keep the faith.
    When the storm flies & the wind blows,
    Go on at a steady pace.
    When the battle is fought & the victories won.
    We can all shout together, we have overcome.
    We will talk to the Father and the Son,
    When we make it to the promised land.

If we walk together little children.
    We don't ever have to worry,
    Through this world of trouble.
    We've got to love a-one another.
    Let us take our fellow man, by the hand,
    Try to help him to understand.
    We can all be together, forever and ever,

Our Bible reads, thou shall not be afraid
    Of the terror by night or the arrow that flies by day.
    Nor for the pestilence that walketh in the dark,
    Nor for the destruction that waiteth in the noonday hour.

This world is not our home, we are only passing through.
    Our trail is all made up, way beyond the blue.
    Let us do the very best that we can,
    While we're travelin' through this land.
    We will all be together, shakin' a hand,

When we make it to the promised land,
    Make it to the promised land.
    We can all be together, forever and ever