IMA Reserves
Create Post

Thread: IMA Reserves

IMA Reserves

Ok I spoke with the PSR and she is fully aware of my goal, to get back onto active duty. I know right now PSEP's are slim to none. So my best bet is to go reserves. As a Staff Sergeant who latmoved in 98 and who is in the 5831 field which is corrections, the SMCR is out for me. The only option is IMA or Active Reserve. Right now there is nothing for me for AR.

I was wondering if anyone has done IMA, what to expect, can I do ADSW, etc? I know that IMA Marines work at an active duty command or a unit that supports the active duty, so command structure could be different than at a regular reserve unit. How hard would it be for me to augment back onto active duty?

Any info is appreciated.

I can't answer that question, but you might try contacting the RSU/DPC at Camp Lejeune at (910) 451-1023, and speak to Sgt Baker, and he may be able to direct you to someone who can. I see a lot of mobilized IRR/SMCR/IMA reservists here at Camp Lejeune. We frequently fill IA billets for 5831's to Afghanstan. Not sure you could mobilize and fill a local billet at the Brig, though.

Thanks master Guns! I might try that. I have a few buddies at the Brig(not inmates) and going to see what they think.
    I am shooting at having my packet ready to go by the end of this month. I have not PT'd all year since I left the Army reserves but it is nice to know I am only 1% over on bodyfat. My goal still stand at dropping weight this month and I am doing 8 PT sessions a week.

Well an update-

A friend of mine is good friends with a PSR and he gave way too much info about IMA duty so I am up to speed on that. Looking at getting a 1-2 year MOB to an IMA Det at LeJune or Quantico.

Got my MBS from MMSB and my last FitRep was not on it. So I was able to track down my old RS who is retired and he wrote it again. He mailed me a copy and it is good to go. Just got word today from MMSB that they did an admin review as I don't know the whereabouts or how to contact my old RO and it should hit the system by Friday.

I have all of my prior service stuff from the Army. Now I am waiting to hear back from my PSR on the background checks and if she found any issues with my OMPF. I have been PTing religiously and have lost 14 lbs in December. I have been running 3.1 mile runs lately and have dropped 3 minutes off my time in 4 runs and need to drop 4 1/2 minutes more. These next few months should offer me the time to achieve that and drop more weight.

Hopefully no more SNAFU's and I can have my package submitted This month and then play the waiting game to see if they will take me back.

I am trying to do this same thing. I have been off contract since 2005 and I am looking to get back in the reserves. There is a an IMA det at AFRICOM and I am moving to Germany next month. Could you please PM me the PSR contact info? I really appreciate it and good luck.

Good deal. I am going this route as it is easier to get back on active duty this way. Actually you need to go through your local PSR. Here is a link to find one near you. https://www.manpower.usmc.mil/portal...g%20090812.xls

Thread Information