New Recruit - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by BadAce2212 View Post
    WelcomNCdad and I extend congrats to your son. He just took another step closer to one of the greatest honors in this country in my opinion, Becoming a United States Marine. Congrats again to you and your son and Semper Fidelis.
    Thanks for the welcome and good thoughts
    This has been his dream

Quote Originally Posted by NCdad View Post
    Well after 2 delays my son ships 04/18/11
    He is ready and looking forward to the challenge
    I am very proud of the path he has chosen
    MOS 0321
    Semper Fi
    My son shipped today as well! We got "the call" at about 2200 which was about 3 hours sooner than we expected. I was at work, so his mother took it. She and my daughter are pretty upset. But as a former Marine, I'm feeling pretty good right now!!! Oorah!

Quote Originally Posted by dhuntington View Post
    My son shipped today as well! We got "the call" at about 2200 which was about 3 hours sooner than we expected. I was at work, so his mother took it. She and my daughter are pretty upset. But as a former Marine, I'm feeling pretty good right now!!! Oorah!
    Good luck to your son and thank you for your service!!!

Welcome, NC Dad, I know you're proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstriper View Post
    Welcome, NC Dad, I know you're proud!
    Thanks Pinstriper my son is in Delta Co We waiting on postcard so I start sending letters

Quote Originally Posted by NCdad View Post
    Thanks Pinstriper my son is in Delta Co We waiting on postcard so I start sending letters
    One of the things I remember my Son saying is "we are known as 'Drilling Delta" According to him they spent most free time doing Drill and I'll admit, they were sharp. I think we swamped ours with letters, I started writing about the time mine left. I had a lot more time to write than they did, and it helped a bit when we sent simple things as in pre addressed and stamped envelopes. Even sent a few letters as a questionaries where all he did was answer...those wound up with some humorous answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstriper View Post
    One of the things I remember my Son saying is "we are known as 'Drilling Delta" According to him they spent most free time doing Drill and I'll admit, they were sharp. I think we swamped ours with letters, I started writing about the time mine left. I had a lot more time to write than they did, and it helped a bit when we sent simple things as in pre addressed and stamped envelopes. Even sent a few letters as a questionaries where all he did was answer...those wound up with some humorous answers.
    Thanks Pinstriper
    I already have 3 letters written and like the idea of the questionnaire- I see you son is deployed - I will keep him in my thoughts !!!

No disrespect intended sir but remember there are no former Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    No disrespect intended sir but remember there are no former Marines.

I'm pretty sure there are former Marines. There are no "ex" Marines.

I'm pretty sure there are former Marines. There are no "ex" Marines.
    It’s Official. Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Marines, listen up! The Commandant has spoken!!!! No more "former" Marines!!

A quote from the Commandant, General James F. Amos:

"A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine."

The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James F. Amos

Quote Originally Posted by SoftballCatch23 View Post
    It’s Official. Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Marines, listen up! The Commandant has spoken!!!! No more "former" Marines!!

A quote from the Commandant, General James F. Amos:

"A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine."

The Commandant of the Marine Corps, General James F. Amos

Well, then I guess somebody owes me 28 years of back pay!

Your wife and daughter may be upset for a while I cried over my son for the first 5 weeks of Boot Camp. Then I started up again, around week 9 when I realized The Crucible was coming up.

We have received 3 letters so far from our recruit. He seems to be in High spirits and adjusting well. We are counting down the days till graduation Delta Co Plt 1048

Well, then I guess somebody owes me 28 years of back pay!
    Thank you for that... I started laughing uncontrollably and people looked at me weird in the liberty center

My son is about half way through his boot camp @ Parris Island. We have seen a lot of changes in his letters since the beginning. We are very proud of him and all of his platoon mates!
    Ooh Rah!!!

Thread Information