MOS advice please (preferably female)
Create Post

MOS advice please (preferably female)

Hello,
    So I've been wanting to join the Marine Corps for a while now, and now I'm 17 so I'm starting to talk to a recruiter and therefore thinking about what MOS I want. The problem is that I would love to choose an 03xx MOS, except that I am a female. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me about what kind of MOS's I could have as a female that can get me as close to an infantry type MOS as possible.

To put it simply, I don't want to be at a desk, I want to be out there and doing something.

Thanks

You could be an MP. When not in garrison they do 03 type stuff (so I'm told). Combat engineer would probably be fun for what you're looking for.

Yea we all want to choose a 03 mos, then we do it and realize you shoot yourself in the foot.

LOL. Truer words.....

There are plenty of other jobs that are high speed/low drag. Talk to the recruiter about what options are open, and available. That's the easiest way.

The jobs you CAN'T do: Infantry, Artillery, Tanks. Everything else is pretty much a free for all.

Thanks for the advice, I think what I definitely want to be is a combat engineer, but I've heard that to do that you have to sign a 11xx/13xx contract, and I really don't to end up with an 11xx MOS. Does anyone know what my chances would be to get combat engineer?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was in Ordnance - worked on bomb racks and got to build a few bombs every now and then.

Your chances are basically a roll of the dice...what they need at the time I'm afraid.

I was a CH46E airframes Mechanic. On a day to day basis we did sheet metal work, fiberglass and hydraulics stuff. It ultimately depends on what interests you. There are lots of options out there as to what you could possibly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Armstrongsbx View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I think what I definitely want to be is a combat engineer, but I've heard that to do that you have to sign a 11xx/13xx contract, and I really don't to end up with an 11xx MOS. Does anyone know what my chances would be to get combat engineer?
    Never heard that, I'm an 1141 and I never had 13xx field in my contract.

Thread Information