RE-30 Code
Create Post

Thread: RE-30 Code

RE-30 Code

Anybody know anything about and how it could affect me in going back in? In all the searches on here, I did not see anything.

When I got out in Jan 2003 I was coming up for orders around April. In the fall of 2002, my CO told me I had to refuse the orders so that my discharge paperwork can be processed( i started terminal in Nov 2002) and that is why I got that code. However, I can't find anything how that comes to play in whether or not I can come back in, or will I need a waiver, or will I have to execute those orders.

I did go into the USAR in 2004 and got out in 2010 and I needed a waiver then and wrote a statement of why I got that RE Code. Since I left the USAR Honorably does that change my original RE code? I am looking at going back in and I would have to put in a SNCO PSEP packet.

RE-3O

From the
    MARINE CORPS SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT MANUAL

Refused to extend or reenlist to obtain the obligated service necessary to carry out PCS or UDP.

SRB entry required stating reason for assignment. Individual Marine must sign SRB entry and have the opportunity to submit a statement. Forward signed copies of page 11 entry and statement (if any) to CMC (MMSB). Refer to MCO P1300.8. This code may only be assigned when directed by CMC and is not assigned to first-term Marines. Marines assigned this code are not eligible for promotion, reenlistment, commissioning or warrant officer programs, special education programs, or in voluntary separation pay. CMC authority required for reenlistment.

Yeah I am familiar with that part. I do not remember signing a page 11 entry nor making a statement. But that doesn't matter now.

What I am trying to find out is I joined another branch of service in 2004 and full-filled my obligation and received another Honorable discharge in 2010, do i get a new RE code? If not, would I have to go through the waiver process all over again like I did for the Army?

Any help is appreciated.

Thread Information