What's the deal with POGS? - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcrro View Post
    It depends. Teasing and mocking is fine- we all make fun of each other in the USMC. On a serious note, when you work with grunts, you need to earn their respect and it's obvious why. Once you do, they don't rip on you as much. Also, most grunts I know hate motards as well. However, this depends on how the unit and Marines there operate.
    Said better than I could, you must earn the respect. I known plenty of guys that were not grunts that gained my respect and entered our close circle of trust.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Bottom line, there is one Marine Corps, not twenty or thirty, depending on your MOS. We all work together. Without the other MOS people, our MOS is nothing, it is like the illustration I made earlier, an infantry company out in the field, by themselves, literally.
    One Corps, many MOS'. I would think we have already earned respect in the eyes of other Marines as we are Marines too. I hope that respect doesn't keep having to be re-earned. How often, once a year? How often does respect in the Corps have to be earned, so that Marines respect other Marines? A yearly thing? It leads to an absurdity, every Marine having to constantly look good to other Marines, and this disrespect based on what job we do, I don't like it a bit. Sounds like civilians griping about who gets the best marks from the big boss. I thought we were different.
    One Corps, many jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by HarperJim View Post
    I would think we have already earned respect in the eyes of other Marines as we are Marines too. I hope that respect doesn't keep having to be re-earned.
    From my experience - limited as it may be - regardless of MOS, you have respect until you give a Marine reason to doubt it. As a leader of Marines (commissioned or non-commissioned), you start with the respect of your Marines, but you damn well better earn it every day.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Exactly. I agree. It appeared to me that some here have reversed the order of those things, starting off with the idea that respect is not there unless earned. I, like you, maintain that the respect should already be there unless and until reason is given to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Nope, sorry Fatty that's inaccurate emotion.
    He is still a Marine, but the USMC will no longer allow a "former" 0300 to operate in one of it's line units as a grunt. Said civilian may enter the field as something like a photojournalist, then again he's not technically a grunt anymore is he? He may not be a pogue, but unless he joins another outfit as a foot troop, he's not a grunt by the traditional definition. Is that "rational" enough for ****s sake!

I used to be a packer
    I used to be a wrangler
    I used to be a camp jack/dishwasher
    I used to be a collegiate/greco wrestler and coach

I used to be a buckaroo, nobody can take that away from me. But ive been a full-time farrier for the last 23 years and as much as i hated to admit it, am no longer a cowhand. My "former" peers made that quite clear through the example of their everyday lifestyle, without even saying a word.

FattyTheFerret on the other hand, with his multiple monikers flaming around the boards like a spoiled mosquito princess irritating and feeding off male attention, has degenerated into the most notorious troll in the history of Leatherneck.com.

congratulations, you're titled!
    Whatever. You tell any of the grunts I know that they were no longer grunts after they got out and you'll get an earful.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    you are sooooo off base I'm about to declare you UA. A grunt is a Marine,,, you just went too far,,,,,.
    are you kidding? Marines steal stuff from each other all the time

there's a reason they sell locks at the px and it's not because anyone thinks the construction crew is going to sneak into wall lockers

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    OK. We will tell them.

Yeah us Utilities Marines can either hook you up or leave you in the dirt, wanna call me a POG and cop an attitude and you just wont be able to power up your precious IPOD's and Laptops or get heat or A/C in that tent of yours. Don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect the 03 field they do an incredible job for our country, but its ignorant to put down non-grunts we bust are a** for a lot of grunts to get what they need and a lot of the times what they really don't need or require regarding there mission, also at the same time provide our own security like sitting on crew served weapons, sweeping ect. To put it plain and simple only boot grunts who have never experienced field combat are usually the ones to mouth of to us "POG". After all I havent recieived numerous awards from infantry battalions for doing nothing. The real grunts know and respect all of the Marine Corps mission because the corps runs like a clock with the support of a lot of moving parts.

Quote Originally Posted by IronKnee View Post
    Tell that to the airframe mechanic that ensures the CH-46 can actually get in the air when a recon Marine takes a round to the neck and needs an evac.

You can go **** yourself as well; the tip of the spear is useless without the rest of it in support.
    Since when do you guys do medevacs? The only one's I've seen are Army blackhawks.

Well, this has deteriorated into the usual monkee poo throwing firearms flame frak you thread.

Done.

Thread Information