Are the majority of officers inspirational?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Are the majority of officers inspirational?

I just finished reading One Bullet Away and watched the Generation Kill series and found that Nathaniel Fick is truly an inspiration. My question is, are most officers looked upon as 'inspirational' or would First Lieutenant Nathaniel Fick be a unique separation?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by itsy View Post
    I just finished reading One Bullet Away and watched the Generation Kill series and found that Nathaniel Fick is truly an inspiration. My question is, are most officers looked upon as 'inspirational' or would First Lieutenant Nathaniel Fick be a unique separation?
    Correcting that to Capt. Nathaniel Fick don't know why I put First Lieutenant.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    What? Inspirational? Is there something inspirational about a guy who sits around doing paperwork sipping coffee making you take out his trash? Yeah, he's the exception not the rule. You'll probably find that you prefer to just avoid officers in general.

I've never served with an officer I would consider ispirational. I've had some great officers and some horrible officers. I think much of it comes from the type of person they were before they were in the Marine Corps.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Officers are not meant to be "inspirational", officers are there to lead and take care of those underneath them. By doing this there should be some sort of motivation taken from it but it is not meant to inspire you to go out and be some sort of war hero.

Thread Information