What MOS's are attached to infantry?
Closed Thread
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question What MOS's are attached to infantry?

i've looked and can't seem to find any thread about this. i'm curious as to what mos's are attached to infantry, like my buddy in the army says that because he's a small arms mechanic he'll be attached to infantry. who else is like that? do they take humvee mechanics when they go out?

The army is completely and totally different since they go 'heavy' everywhere. Wouldn't surprise me if they had ballroom dancers attached to them as well.

Realistically, Communications, Intelligence, Corpsman (Navy), Engineers, and perhaps a few others, in the Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Day to day just the corpsman. You could get any sort that show up for various reasons and then return to whatever they do after a few days. I was even on a company patrol where we had a Army redeye missle team attached. MT or Am-tracs or helos might give the grunts a ride but technically they are not with the infantry. You could run a laundry list of MOS's that work with the infantry as needed but they are not out there kicking down doors and taking names.

Every mos serves an important roll and trust me there are some MOS's that one day with the grunts is all it takes for them to appreciate how good they have it performing their primary MOS.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We had Scamp,,,, folks we called spooks. The unknowns who set up listening crap in the bush. Very Hi tech. I knew one well. He was cool to talk to 'cause I was 2841 and could match his intel.

In a company, you have a radio operator, a wireman, an intel guy and numerous corpsman. Within a battalion there are much more non-infantry jobs available, from admin to armorers.

im a radio operator and pretty everything u can imagine but in a small scale. Im with 3rd Battalion 5th Marines

Smile

The United States Marine Corps's Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) is a system of categorizing career fields. All enlisted and officer Marines are assigned a four digit code denoting their occupational field and specialty.
    The U.S. Marine Corps begins by separating all jobs into "occupational fields" (OccFld), in which no distinction is made between officers and enlisted Marines. The fields are numbered from 01 to 99 and include general categories (Infantry, Logistics, Public Affairs, Ordnance, etc.) that specific jobs fall under.
    Each field contains multiple MOS's, each designated by a four-digit numerical indicator and a job title. For example, the infantry field (03) has nine enlisted classifications: Rifleman (MOS 0311), Riverine Assault Craft (MOS 0312), Light Armored Vehicle Crewman (MOS 0313), Reconnaissance Man (MOS 0321), Machine Gunner (MOS 0331), Mortarman (MOS 0341), Assaultman (MOS 0351), Antitank Assault Guided Missileman (MOS 0352), and Infantry Unit Leader (MOS 0369).
    Each of the jobs have authorized ranks associated with them. For example, anyone ranking from Private to Sergeant can be a Rifleman (0311), but only Marines ranking from Staff Sergeant to Master Gunnery Sergeant can be an Infantry Unit Leader (0369).
    Duties and tasks are identified by rank because the Marine Corps MOS system is designed around the belief that increased duties and tasks accompany promotions. The first two digits designate the field and, the last two digits identify the promotional channel and specialty.
    For example, the MOS 0311 indicates that it is in Occupational Field 03 (Infantry) and designates the "Rifleman" (11) MOS. For warrant officers, the MOS 2305 indicates that it is in Occupational Field 23 (Ammunition and Explosive Ordnance Disposal) and designates the "Explosive Ordnance Disposal Officer" (05) MOS. For officers, the MOS 0802 indicates that it is in Occupational Field 08 (Field Artillery) and designates the "Field Artillery Officer" (02) MOS.

I hope this answered your question.

Semper Fi

Good answer Recon0311.

I was listening to a radio show around Veteran's Day, and the individual being interviewed said for every infantry man who goes out in the field, there are nine who support him in some shape or another, many of which have been mentioned here.

Ya'll realize this is a year old thread?

Closed, asked/answered.

Thread Information