Questions.
Create Post

Thread: Questions.

Questions.

what type of housing do u get ur first year seccond year ect. ( i will be at camp lejeune NC ) ?
    how many people get into the mestep program and what are the requirements ?
    if u are over weight by one pound do they still put u on a diet ( i worry because thanksgiving is a few days from when i leave and i hate dieting ) ?
    can u get dq'd for being overweight when u get to boot camp ?
    when do u know forsure u have your job ?
    can u have a dog your first year on base ( please say yes because i really want an austrailian sheperd ) ?
    also if u could give me any pointers on bc that would be awesome thnks

can i bring the skin so soft lotion ive herd it keeps away sand flees ?
    ive herd alot about what u can and cannot bring . in my welcome abord packet it says i can bring underware n stuff but ive herd that i shouldnt bring these things ?
    phone cards ?

You should post this in the "Ask a Marine" section, so you can get more accurate answers.

But to answer your first question, you will be staying in barracks unless you are married or have a child. If you are married or have a child and they come with you then you will get a house. I can't answer your second question. Now about the weight. When you go back to MEPS to ship, you will go through a medical inspect. Inspect doesn't last too long, maybe 30 minutes at the most. Now if you are over your max weight, MEPS can decline to ship you. That is a likely case since the Corps is very full at the moment. If they do not ship you there is also I high chance that you will get discharged from the delayed entry program.

Now job wise, just keep checking in with your recruiter every now and then about your wish list. Hopefully you will be able to get one of the jobs on your list. You just have to be patient since the Corps is full, there are limited number of open spots for each job or MOS. Now about a dog, I doubt it if you are in the barracks. Housing probably. But you should as a Marine, since they can better answer your question. Same thing with your following questions. And the phone card. You will not need one, you will get your first "scripted call" once you get to the Island. After that it is all snail mail (writing letters). I have heard of some recruits getting to make a call if they Senior Drill Instructor deems it fit. But I believe you have to do something real well, or incredible to get the extra call. Just be get ready to write letters to everyone you want to keep in contact with.

P.S. don't be afraid to talk to your recruiter about any questions you may have. They will obviously know all the information you are seeking. Even if they don't, I know they can get you the correct answers quickly.

Thread Information