I have made the decision now I need a plan to execute. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I use to do a lot of side work out of the school and I still do some when I can but licensing is an issue when having to reload a windows machine. I don't have any copies of windows. I was a contract tech for a while for this company but work was so thin it was costing me to work. I do eventually want to get a business going one day but getting all the money needed to start out on my own is hard. I have grown up a lot in the last 6 months or so because I've gotten married and had a kid. I'm starting to really think about things and that's part of why I want to be a Marine. it will be steady work and a great growing expierence while I iron out the details of my future.

If you can't get a volume license account or an MSDN account, tell your customers that they either need to provide a license key for the copy they have installed or they need to pay for a new one. It's their own fault if they didn't keep the relevant documents that came with their machine.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You do have a point. Never thought of it that way I guess. Got so use to having to do it for free at school. I will look into some things. Thanks for the info.

I applaud you on your decision. I'm sure you're aware of the divorce rate in the military (higher than the civilian world for obvious reasons). You may not be aware the divorce rate amongst the sea services (USN/USMC) is even higher than that because of the shorter deployment cycles. Both you and your wife have to be good with the possibility of your being gone more than home. It's tough...my marriage did not survive my first 12 month deployment to Okinawa along with some of my shipmates'.

Good luck with your decision.

Thread Information