The Dark Tower series...
Create Post

The Dark Tower series...

is going to be made into a series of films and TV miniseries. Not sure if anyone even cares about these books but they really got me through some boring times and they are simply amazing reads. Not sure about Ron Howard doing it but it could just as epic as the book (they can hope I guess LOL) Anyhow here is the link if no one has seen it yet.

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/dar.../news_tracker/

Scroll down to read the press release. It's pretty interesting to fans of the books.

Post your feelings about TDT series.

Love The Dark Tower Gunny!!! Read the first 4 while I was on deployment. Not to sure about a film though. Hope they do it justice!!

So did I. Read them while on deployment and couldn't put them down when we weren't moving. Read Wolves of the Calla as soon as it came out, I think 2003.

Really liked the first 4, but the last three seemed rushed. Read "The Gunslinger" in '88 when it was first published in an oversized paperback, which I still have. Looking at the copyright page, that story was originally published as a serial story in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction between October '78 (The Ginslinger) to November '81 (The Gunslinger and the Dark Man).
    Be careful what you wish for. I read the Lord of the Rings as a kid and loved it, but what Peter Jackson did with it was unforgivable.

Really Jim?? I actually thought he did a fairly good job with those films. Personally, I don't believe anyone else on Earth could have made those books into films any better than they were. Yea they left a lot out but I think for folks who are non-readers it gave them a very good glimpse of what the story was all about.

The Hobbit is coming out soon too. Hmmmm....

It wasn't what was left out that I have a problem with. It was the wholesale changes to the storyline, especially in The Two Towers. He used dialog that was in the book, but didn't update it to the changes in the story so it didn't make sense. As a visual presentation, it was very impressive. But to someone who is very familiar with the books, it was disappointing.

Gunny - Yea I remember reading that when it first came out. The cover turned my hands black because of the dye they used when they made it.

Jim - I hear you. I'm pretty familiar with the Dark Tower books so I'm sure I'll be picking those films over with a fine tooth comb.

Thread Information