SgtMaj (ret) Shelby G Risner passed away in Sept 2010
Create Post

SgtMaj (ret) Shelby G Risner passed away in Sept 2010

To my Fathers fellow marines, I regret to inform you that Sgt Maj Shelby G Risner passed away in Sept 2010. If you served with him and would like to honor his service please send any comments and anecdotes to me. They will be included in a memorial service. He was a proud marine and my hero.
    Semper Fidelis Dad To all military service members and their familiesThank you for your service.

Credits
    Savings

Condolences

Condolences, Did not know your Dad, but just wanted to let you know WE as Marines appreciated your Dads service ! S/F Moz 68-70 usmc P.S. Can you give us his service dates ? Bootcamp/units perhaps ?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My condolences go out to you and your family. I give a salute to your father for his service.

Simper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by gkmoz View Post
    Condolences, Did not know your Dad, but just wanted to let you know WE as Marines appreciated your Dads service ! S/F Moz 68-70 usmc P.S. Can you give us his service dates ? Bootcamp/units perhaps ?
    Thank you,He was proud of his country and his corps. He was from Hazard, Kentucky. He joined the marines in 1953 and retired around 1977. He was a DI at pendleton in the early 60's, around 61. He was at USMC HQ before his second tour and had something to do with writing lessons learned. The London Barracks in the UK was his last duty station. We lived in 113 London lane, Jacksonville NC when we were at Lejune.He was with Kilo Co 3rd Battalion 3 Marine Regiment 3rd Marine Division at Khe Sanh in 1967 as an E7.I have a picture of him in front of his hooch. He retired to Eastern TN.

He is listed on this website for Kilo Co 1967-
    http://www.yoko-shin.info/d_carmichael99/kiloroster.htm.
    Risner, Shelby G. Serial # 1417498 MOS-03?9.

Gentlemen I thank you for your time and service. God bless our great country.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RIP Sgt Major.
    Prayers Outbound to the Family.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

May God Richley Bless And Watch Over You And Your Family. May God Craddle Shelby In His Arms.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

I am the proud grand-daughter of Shelby Gene Risner/PopPop. Even though life did always keep us a close as I wished I hold my memories of him close in my heart and cherish all of them. He taught me a drive and determination as only he could.

RIP warrior, you will be missed!

Semper Fi Sgt Maj. You have been assigned your final duty station. You join many proud and honorable Marines.

Prayers inbound to you and yours.

Thread Information