Enlisted Air Force to Marine Officer
Create Post

Enlisted Air Force to Marine Officer

Hey,
    I did a search but wasn't able to come up with any information on this topic. I have contacted an OSO and am told that in order for me to commission in the Marine Corps, I would be required to seperate from the Air Force, wait about 6 months for my medical clearance and DD214 records to clear and hope to be put up for the OCS board in time.

Unfortunately for me, this really isn't an option. I'm E-5 Air Force with a wife and 2 young boys and don't have the luxury to seperate for 6 months and hope I get picked up for OCS.

Is there a better route I can take to Marine OCS or is this my only option?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    What did you expect, be able to go to OCS while on contract with the AF still and getting paid?

Only option I could think that you could look into is getting a conditional release(DD from 368) from the AF in order to pursue OCS. But a conditional release would have to approved the whole way up your chain of command. Even if this happened, which I highly doubt it would, you would still have to wait to go up for a board and be selected.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jkcampbell730 View Post
    Hey,
    I did a search but wasn't able to come up with any information on this topic. I have contacted an OSO and am told that in order for me to commission in the Marine Corps, I would be required to seperate from the Air Force, wait about 6 months for my medical clearance and DD214 records to clear and hope to be put up for the OCS board in time.

Unfortunately for me, this really isn't an option. I'm E-5 Air Force with a wife and 2 young boys and don't have the luxury to seperate for 6 months and hope I get picked up for OCS.

Is there a better route I can take to Marine OCS or is this my only option?
    This site may give you some answers

http://www.marineocs.com/portal/index.php

Just register and begin your search. I'm sure there are others who have come before you with similar questions

Good luck

I've heard of conditional releases being allowed for people looking to cross-deck. It's not completely unknown. Talk to your unit career planner and your chain of command and get their take.

Thread Information