What can i do so my recruiter listens to me?
Create Post

What can i do so my recruiter listens to me?

Im currently a Poolee as you can see. I told him that im thinking about choosing another field besides 04XX because after gathering info i realized i didnt want to be put into a desk job by the Marine Corps as i was going for parachute rigger, but he says that i can just volunteer for that job and ill be fine and its not a desk job, and since he already sent in my wishlist of 3 MOS's i cant do it again unless im doing Reserves.

Then i told him i want to go to college in January so i dont have to wait another 5 months at home to ship as i have been waiting to ship since June 2010 High School Graduation. He said dont do it i can do it while on active duty (which i heard is hard as hell) And he said delaying my ship date would cause problems.

It feels like hes just trying to sell me stuff instead of actually helping me, I want to be a Marine but it feels like he dosent listen to what i want. and i feel like im just going to end up discharging from the Marine Corps DEP because he's bossing me around and not listening.

I've tried being straight up with him and telling him i dont want this, i want to go to college for a few months..but hes just tottaly telling me not to do it or something bad will happen yada yada yada etc...

Anyone have any advice for this? Talking to this recruiter is like talking to a No Machine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You want to be a Marine,,,, or just want what you want?

Do whatever you want. Your recruiter works for you, not the other way around. If you can't get him to listen to you, try bringing a family member in. Sounds kind of childish, but before I signed I had two meetings with my father and recruiter. My father is a former Marine and wanted to make sure I wasn't getting screwed or being fed a line of b.s.. Even if you don't have any former miliary in your family or friends, you probably know someone that will call bull**** when they hear or see it.

On a side note, if you can't put up with your recruiter bossing you around and not really listening, you're probably going to have a miserable time in the Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by GunRock0811 View Post
    On a side note, if you can't put up with your recruiter bossing you around and not really listening, you're probably going to have a miserable time in the Marine Corps.
    My thoughts exactly.

TD and Gunrock nailed it.

Yes, you should make every attempt to get what you want....but always remember...it's about "The needs of the Corps".

If you haven't signed any contracts then tell your recruiter to kiss off. Based on what your writing this guy is a number hunter, and does not care about your career path. Next time you go to see him get your father to go with you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm sensing cold feet.

What I have to offer doesn't really reflect getting your recruiter to listent to you, BUT, I've known a lot of great Marines in the 04 field and very, very few would be in what could be described as a "desk job".

Thread Information