Bill/contract termination
Create Post

Bill/contract termination

I believe this has been covered before but I wouldn't know how to word the subject to find what I am looking for.

I was told that when I leave for Recruit Training the Marine Corps will get me out of bill contracts for things that I cannot pay for while in and also they will help me postpone bills. I have a cell phone and I need to get it turned off until after recruit training but i do not wish to change phone numbers or sign a new contract just postpone payment until its in use again seeing as it would be a crock of **** to have to pay for something not in ANY use for 3 or more months. Can anyone shed some light or point me in the right direction. Thanks Marines.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you will need to call your service provider and tell them what is going on. They should suspend your account until you call to have it turned back on. If they gaff you off then have your recruiter get you a Soldiers and Sailors Act form, fill it out and fax/send it in. This will free you from paying while you are gone. Just be very thorough and be sure to tell them you want to suspend your account not cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    you will need to call your service provider and tell them what is going on. They should suspend your account until you call to have it turned back on. If they gaff you off then have your recruiter get you a Soldiers and Sailors Act form, fill it out and fax/send it in. This will free you from paying while you are gone. Just be very thorough and be sure to tell them you want to suspend your account not cancel it.

This is correct. I did it when I went through boot camp as well as two deployments. Either go to your local cell carrier or call if one isn't around. I didn't have any hassles getting my phone service turned on and off.

thanks. I really appreciate it. Just tying up loose ends before i leave.

Thread Information