Calling reserve unit before checking in?
Create Post

Calling reserve unit before checking in?

Hello Marines,

Im graduating from my MOS school (LVS) here in a little over a week and was wondering if it would be a good idea to call my reserve unit up and let them know that I'm going to be showing up shortly. And if I do call who should I ask to talk to?

Thanks

You would probably check in with the Duty NCO.

Its not that big of deal for new Marines, especially at a reserve unit. Its more of a courtesy when PCSing from one unit to another. Like he said you will probably check in with the duty, who will tell you to come back on drill weekend in alphas.

Yea, I would call. If it's the weekend, they will probably tell you to come in on Monday when the I-I staff will be there to check you in. Just call and get the admin section and explain that you need to check in and see if they're going to be there or if there is something else you need to do.

yes, call them and let them know you will be graduating soon. Call the NCO on duty, if the HTC doesn't pick up call the duty cell phone number. The NCO will guide you from there.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I would like say thanks to all men and women that serve our country, and have a great day,........................................usmc

Thanks Marines, I did go ahead and give them a call.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The I & I staff works on drill weekends and has Mondays off.

I flew home with my wife and daughter but called my reserve unit first and got the ok - they said they wouldnt be in anyway and to enjoy my weekend - come in the following tuesday. I did it so they wouldnt have someone waiting for me at the airport.

Thread Information