Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I won't bash either site...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Been a member since it started...

Quote Originally Posted by oldtop View Post
    Been a free member for a couple of years, but the site's access IS limited unless you pay. Only found one person on TWS that I served with...
    Same here. The site is okay but I refuse to pay for something that is free on other sites. Taking advantage of vets....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yep, I am. $15 for a year not gonna break me. No civilians either.

I went there for a while, but I did not like the format, nor the conversation. It seems like a bunch of angry mo-fo\'s on that site, and a lot of bickering going on. I have just signed up here, and it seems pretty cool so far. Aside from this I visit the terminal lance site every now and again. It is not too bad.

I'm a paying member and once a year we have get togethers with the members of the site from Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    Yep, I am. $15 for a year not gonna break me. No civilians either.
    How is it possible to distinguish who is an actual Marine and who is a civilian?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well, unless somebody is going through a lot of trouble and work posing as one, the ones I've met have turned out to be genuine. There are also ones I served with and I know they're Marines. And, like JA said, they have get togethers too. I've not come across one civilian over there.

Not bashing the Boss over here or his site but, when civilians get in the mix, WE have to be a little more PC.

I've been a member on TWS for a number of years now. I stopped paying last year, same with here and a few others. I just can't keep shelling out 20 green-backs at every website to chat. It adds up fast: 20 bucks here and there and that adds up to a high priced hooker.

Same thing with FB, once they start charging I'm outa there faaast.

I've found a number of Marines on TWS that I served with, it is very easy to search by name, unit, school, or station. And I like the no civilians/ somewhat of a vetting process they have, too.

Actually,,, I'm surprised this thread is still open, usually the powers that be here squash talk of other sites....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I've been a member over there for a few years and have many Marines I've served with and two that I went to boot camp with. I enjoy the format of the forums here better. I like their ability to connect to other Marines that you personnally know better.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....Joined TWS on 10/30/2007. Look me up....even spelled my name RIGHT!!!!.....

thewookie,

Are you a Phishhead wookie or something else entirely??

Just connected with my platoon commander from L 3/4 in 1977...

Quote Originally Posted by CplAllen View Post
    thewookie,

Are you a Phishhead wookie or something else entirely??
    No Phishhead for me, just a wookie from the hairy planet!

I paid for a year, just to be able to find other Marines. So far I have found about 5. But I seriously doubt that I pay for another year.

Thread Information