About the ties between the U.S, U.K and AU... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Was thinking about your question this arvo while packing the Eskie with sangas and Bundy and loading the ute for a fishing trip after work, and realized: A Western man don't much like being called Yank. Those are people who live in the NE States, and it's too similar to Wank

~Gidday

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    Was thinking about your question this arvo while packing the Eskie with sangas and Bundy and loading the ute for a fishing trip after work, and realized: A Western man don't much like being called Yank. Those are people who live in the NE States, and it's too similar to Wank

~Gidday
    oh, sorry about that, didn't know. the similarity to wank never occurred to me....

We(Charlie co. 1/3) were in Townesville in '95, training with the Australian Army. It was one of the highlights of my service. I have nothing but good to say about Australia and the Australian people and military.

On the most part, the American and Australian histories are very similar. Our countries were where the outcasts from many countries were sent. I visited Australia while I was in the Corps. Never bought a drink the entire time I was there but visited quite a few bars! Ran into the Aussie Navy attempting to crash a British Royal Marine bar in Thailand back in the 70s. Hell of fight then we all got down to some serious drinking! lol. The majority of people in Australia are friendly and welcoming as well as you can understand what they are saying which is a major plus. If you can, please feel free to keep the great white sharks down there and away from our shores as much as possible!!!

So overall most Americans think the Aussies are great and anyone who has spent time in the Corps with any of the Aussie military know they are a hard fighting, hard drinking, hard partying, and one of the most loyal groups you can be around.

Hope that answers your question.

had a great time downunder both time I was there

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 49KB-2 View Post
    We(Charlie co. 1/3) were in Townesville in '95, training with the Australian Army. It was one of the highlights of my service. I have nothing but good to say about Australia and the Australian people and military.
    cool, i'm from townsville. i think we had marines here just recently for australia, u.s, new zealand, east timorese military training games.... they didn't even cause trouble

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    On the most part, the American and Australian histories are very similar. Our countries were where the outcasts from many countries were sent. I visited Australia while I was in the Corps. Never bought a drink the entire time I was there but visited quite a few bars! Ran into the Aussie Navy attempting to crash a British Royal Marine bar in Thailand back in the 70s. Hell of fight then we all got down to some serious drinking! lol. The majority of people in Australia are friendly and welcoming as well as you can understand what they are saying which is a major plus. If you can, please feel free to keep the great white sharks down there and away from our shores as much as possible!!!

So overall most Americans think the Aussies are great and anyone who has spent time in the Corps with any of the Aussie military know they are a hard fighting, hard drinking, hard partying, and one of the most loyal groups you can be around.

Hope that answers your question.
    lol the great whites. don't worry, i asked one about that. he said aussies just taste better.

it does answer my question. the reason i wanted to ask for a real opinion from americans is i've only ever heard one opinion from a marine, who said publicly:

"australian women don't cover up enough."

this was after he'd visited alice springs. his comment got on the news because it was way out of line because the girls there do cover up enough.
    i don't blame him for being offended by alice springs. it's such a dump. everyone's offended by alice springs. i wondered if all marines had an opinion about aussies like that. but turns out it's not nearly as bad as i thought it was lol
    thank you.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
    Can't say about Alice Springs....but I can say the above about the USMC...

The Marines are briefed in the host countries customs before they embark and the debarkation even begins....

Unless the higher powers that be makes Alice Springs off limits to US service personel....most know that they are not heading that way only to have a grilling on the barbie....

Credits
    Savings
    I think that Marine should be identified and disciplined. I would have a problem if they were covering up too much. I still am waiting for that cammie shorts pic too, by the way. That would put the question to rest by way of response here.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    I think that Marine should be identified and disciplined. I would have a problem if they were covering up too much. I still am waiting for that cammie shorts pic too, by the way. That would put the question to rest by way of response here.
    lol sorry. still not going to happen.

well, maybe he was gay and a little jealous all the girls were getting attention. hahaha

Credits
    Savings
    OK any shorts, preferably in some Daisy Duke's.

Seriously any man that would make a comment like that publicly either fears his wife will see/hear it, or he is gay!!

Thread Information