About the ties between the U.S, U.K and AU...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    10
    Credits
    25
    Savings
    0

    About the ties between the U.S, U.K and AU...

    lately australia has been getting closer to america, but i just wanted to ask what yanks really think of australians.
    i've seen different opinions of the brits everywhere, some seem to think eng isn't really an ally anyway, others say anyone who criticises uncle sam's strongest ally has never been to war. i wanted to know what marines think of australia, too.


  2. #2

    We are glad to fight beside ya

    We have had the Aussies on our side and i'd rather fight with ya then against ya .


  3. #3
    Marine Free Member TJR1070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    771
    Credits
    4,691
    Savings
    0
    Love your women!!


  4. #4
    Squad Leader Free Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Crescent City
    Posts
    5,488
    Credits
    14,482
    Savings
    0
    Images
    7
    I like Aussies. Fight with you guys any day.

    Cute girls too.


  5. #5
    I like that you guys are allowed to wear cammie shorts.


  6. #6
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    10
    Credits
    25
    Savings
    0
    haha thanks for the response
    also just feel like pointing out, because everyone seems to think i'm a guy... i'm a girl.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoozlebop View Post
    lately australia has been getting closer to america, but i just wanted to ask what yanks really think of australians.
    i've seen different opinions of the brits everywhere, some seem to think eng isn't really an ally anyway, others say anyone who criticises uncle sam's strongest ally has never been to war. i wanted to know what marines think of australia, too.

    I have no problem with Aussies at all. We used to exchange chow in VietNam back in the day. Australia has always been a great ally of the US. They fight well, are great people to work with. And since you are a girl, the cami shorts would even look better! 8-D

    Back in the day, Sydney was a big R&R destination . . . Whiskey a Go Go! I doubt anyone remembers go go girls . . . most are too young.


  8. #8
    Marine Free Member GySgtRet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Stafford Va
    Posts
    2,284
    Credits
    10,926
    Savings
    0
    Images
    52

    Post a picture

    schnoozlebop

    We love Aussies here. LOng story but puttin down a couple of Fosters is an art.

    Semper Fi

    Gunny out



  9. #9
    Marine Free Member TJR1070's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    771
    Credits
    4,691
    Savings
    0
    Any pictures of a certain Australian woman wearing above mentioned cammie shorts would be greatly appreciated.


  10. #10
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    10
    Credits
    25
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR1070 View Post
    Any pictures of a certain Australian woman wearing above mentioned cammie shorts would be greatly appreciated.
    LOL sorry, not today.


  11. #11
    We had an Australian in bootcamp. I didnt think he would make it. Turned out to be a good Marine. I always liked the way they talked.

    Mongoose


  12. #12
    I like the Australian influence of cooking on the barbie....

    Not the plastic..50+ ageless doll face tramp.

    Nice port of call .... beaches..... and brew

    I even like the pig sticker that Mr. Dundee carried.

    Never wanted to box the kangaroo....seen him the biggest of grunts...

    Liked it back in the day when the Aussies made port of call/vacation stops in the Hawaiian isles.

    Memories....




  13. #13
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    10
    Credits
    25
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by billy collins View Post
    We had an Australian in bootcamp. I didnt think he would make it. Turned out to be a good Marine. I always liked the way they talked.
    foreignors can join the marines?


  14. #14
    Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.


    Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

    Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

    The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm


  15. #15
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    townsville
    Posts
    10
    Credits
    25
    Savings
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Enlistment into the U.S. Marine Corps, or any branch of the U.S. military, by citizens of countries other than the United States is limited to those foreign nationals who are legally residing in the United States and possess an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card (INS Form I-151/551 — commonly known as a "Green Card"). Applicants must be between 17 and 35; meet the mental, moral, and physical standards for enlistment; and must speak, read and write English fluently.


    Note: The U.S. military branches cannot assist foreign nationals in obtaining admittance into the United States. Questions concerning immigration to the United States should be asked of the U.S. Embassy. Only after immigration procedures are completed and an applicant is legally residing in the United States may an application for enlistment be accepted.

    Furthermore, in order to be commissioned an officer in the U.S. Navy, one must be a native-born or naturalized United States citizen.

    The U.S. government agency which is responsible for immigration and naturalization is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. Their web site is at http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm
    thank you. i'll remember that for the morning i wake up and think to myself "i think i'll join the marine core today" xD
    you guys are awesome, though.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts