Combat Engineer info
Create Post

Combat Engineer info

Hello, this is my first(and hopefully not my last) post here. I'm Alex, and as you can tell in my name, I want to be 1371, Combat Engineer in the Marines. First off I'm 13 years old, giving me alot of time to learn and prepare to become a Marine. I want to know any advice or experiences people have with or being a 1371. I also want to know If I were to be a Combat Engineer would this still allow me the chance to join MARSOC?

You do indeed have alot of time left before you can join and i hope your enthusiasm for the MARINES stays high.

Combat Engineers

Type of MOS : PMOS

Rank Range: MGySgt to Pvt
    Job Description: Combat engineers construct, alter, repair, and maintain buildings and structures; lift and move heavy objects and equipment by setting up, bracing, and utilizing rigging devices and equipment; and perform various duties incidental to the use of demolitions in construction projects and destruction of objects. Personnel assigned this MOS are taught carpentry and other construction skills as well as demolitions, specialized demolitions for urban breaching and land mine warfare.

Job Requirements:
    (1) Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
    (2) Complete the Basic Combat Engineer Course, Marine Corps Engineer School, Camp Lejeune, NC.
    (3) Non-MOS qualified Reserve Marines unable to attend the regular formal school course may be certified for MOS 1371, as an AMOS-only, by the unit commander upon successful completion of the Alternate Training Instructional Program (ATIP) of the Marine Force Reserves. The ATIP for MOS 1371 Marines is found in Force Order 1535.1 and consists of two phases of Reserve Basic Combat Engineer Course, including a minimum of 6 months MOJT while assigned to a 1371 billet. (4) Completion of Engineer Operations Chief Course is recommended upon promotion to GySgt.

As far as MARSOC goes enlist serve your first 4 years and move over, as long as you can keep up physically and know your job you can make it in MARSOC.

Thread Information