BA contract(Aviation Elctronics) Questions
Create Post

BA contract(Aviation Elctronics) Questions

I finally got feedback on my contract. I was denied infantry and security forces since they are full now. So I was given an Aviation field. The one I was given was Aviation Electronics Technician(5900, 63/6400, 6600).

The questions I have are quite simple and if someone could direct me to some information besides about.com I would highly appreciate it Marines. I ship out on the 29th and am trying to research as much as I can.

1. Where are the schools that fall under this contract at and how long are they?
    2. If given choice what would be a good point to start(I or O level, General Aviation Elect, Avenger systems, etc)? this is opinion but all feedback would be welcomed.
    3. What is an average day like in the aviation field?
    4. What is the general mission of an Aviation Electronic Tech? To be more specific what will or could I be doing in the field.
    5. I havent been told too much on deployments and floats but, will I likely be stationed on US soil or will I be deployed or going on a ship more often? what are Med Floats, Pacific Floats etc like?

Any other input or helpful info would be great. Thanks for the help Marines.

Credits
    Savings
    This would be better in the ask a Marine Section of the Fourms

There are so many factors in those questions that I bet you wouldn't hear the same response from a Marine often. I can tell you that I know a lot of guys that are in A school for Aviation and they are in Pensicola, FL.

Quote Originally Posted by shadox View Post
    This would be better in the ask a Marine Section of the Fourms
    Dammit, I didnt realize I posted it in the wrong forum. Ill take care of this.

Thread Information