How long must a guy wait! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just literally got back from PI an hour ago...

Lots of the people in my platoon didn't like the MOS they got with open contract.. there was this one kid that got motor T and he was at the edge of tears. It's like playing russian roulette... don't play with your life dude.. get the MOS you want and don't accept no for an answer. If you have that attitude your recruiter will have no choice but to get you what you want.

best of luck to you,

Pvt Yonkers

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
    Just literally got back from PI an hour ago...

Lots of the people in my platoon didn't like the MOS they got with open contract.. there was this one kid that got motor T and he was at the edge of tears. It's like playing russian roulette... don't play with your life dude.. get the MOS you want and don't accept no for an answer. If you have that attitude your recruiter will have no choice but to get you what you want.

best of luck to you,

Pvt Yonkers
    i picked communications because seemed like a really cool job field i am hoping to get field radio operator.

I have been asking to get 0651 since I swore in in May. My recruiter not only got me my job, but got me to ship a month early. I leave on the 15th now,put a Marine up to anything and he'll get it squared away.

Got my job! Security forces. UV if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzWinter View Post
    Lucky bastard, thats my first pick. I hope I get that UV contract!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzWinter View Post
    Well then I have been corrected. Congrats and what-not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeloon200 View Post
    Quick question for poolee's i was looking at MOS's yesterday and almost none were available so my Recruiter just put in a Wishlist for me for MOS's im kind of interested in but not entirerly.

Can i delay my shipdate to get the MOS i want? I want to get Intelligence but its not available and the other jobs available is stuff like logistics and communications and personally im not interested into that at all.

Since it hasn't been answered directly, yes you can. You're not obligated to ship out to bootcamp unless you get the contract you want. If you want to kick in the door, waving the four-four...go infantry. If your ambition is to be intelligent and you have the score for it, prepare for a wait, but wait for intelligence. It's your life, man. If you're not that much of a communications person, don't do it. Don't sign a contract you're not absolutely sure about and don't feel pressured to do so because you don't want to dissapoint your recruiter. MOS' are available, you just have to be smart about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarSniper View Post
    Since it hasn't been answered directly, yes you can. You're not obligated to ship out to bootcamp unless you get the contract you want. If you want to kick in the door, waving the four-four...go infantry. If your ambition is to be intelligent and you have the score for it, prepare for a wait, but wait for intelligence. It's your life, man. If you're not that much of a communications person, don't do it. Don't sign a contract you're not absolutely sure about and don't feel pressured to do so because you don't want to dissapoint your recruiter. MOS' are available, you just have to be smart about it.
    Thanks for the response. And yea my scores are ok i guess i have a 104 GT score and you only need a 100 to get Intelligence so i think im good.

But yea, im probably gonna tell my recruiter that im either doing 02XX or im out to threaten him. Because even though i want to earn the title really badly, i dont want to be miserable for 4 years and be one of those Marine's that regretted their time.

But anyway congrats on getting 0300 its impossible to get over here in NY. Almost every recruiter over here was a rifleman and they loved it more than anything.

I'm 54 days from shipdate still with no official word on a final job. I know my recruiter told me there were some openings to ship out in the next few weeks, I'm going to stop in and find out what jobs are actually available. It would be a nice bonus to actually get to ship out earlier if a job I want is there.

I spoke to my recruiter about what an Open Contract is about, it actually sounds rather bad @$$. Basically if you go in Open Contract, any of the wannabees jobs that drop out during boot can potentially become yours.

man I wanted 03xx and it took months. I finally got it a few weeks ago and I DEP'ed in June 3, 2010. Ride your recruiters butt, ride the head of the RSS's butt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzel View Post
    I spoke to my recruiter about what an Open Contract is about, it actually sounds rather bad @$$. Basically if you go in Open Contract, any of the wannabees jobs that drop out during boot can potentially become yours.
    You also have just as a big of a chance becoming a United States Marine Postman.

Thread Information