How long must a guy wait!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How long must a guy wait!

Damn I know I swore in on an open contract, but that was back in April. I mean i leave the end of November and I still dont have my job! Some of my pool have already gotten theirs ( especially seniors in high school) but damn. My recruiter said hes been "looking" for months and i havnt gotten anything. I really just want to be a grunt!

I picked my jobs back in August and still have yet to receive final word back. I was aiming for aircraft mechanic and my recruiter has called me before and told me I was guaranteed the job, but I would have to leave the very next day and I just couldn't do it so I had to give it up. I ship out January 3rd and I'm still waiting to hear back as well. A few others in my pool are having the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzWinter View Post
    Damn I know I swore in on an open contract, but that was back in April. I mean i leave the end of November and I still dont have my job! Some of my pool have already gotten theirs ( especially seniors in high school) but damn. My recruiter said hes been "looking" for months and i havnt gotten anything. I really just want to be a grunt!

Hang in there man, I got my date bumped back a couple times and I have been in since March I got all thrown around until one day I decided I wanted to be a Comm Marine and now I've got a 06xx contract, be firm with your recruiter that you want to be a grunt, but be prepared to have to wait a bit longer for it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bartone View Post
    Hang in there man, I got my date bumped back a couple times and I have been in since March I got all thrown around until one day I decided I wanted to be a Comm Marine and now I've got a 06xx contract, be firm with your recruiter that you want to be a grunt, but be prepared to have to wait a bit longer for it. Good luck.
    You can get your date pushed back if you dont have your job yet? I've been bugging my recruiter and the SSGT. who runs the other office that we are attached to, but still nothing yet

lol my old date was the 15th like yours.

Just an FYI. Your allowed to deny shipping out, if you dont have the job you want.

Damn that sucks man.
    got my 03XX a few weeks ago.
    i signed in June.
    You will get it if you really want it.
    Good Luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by DubGee View Post
    Just an FYI. Your allowed to deny shipping out, if you dont have the job you want.
    Really? what happens after you deny? Your only allowed to be in the dep 365 days right? so I would have a few months to wait?

you can deny as long as you want the initial 365 days unless you really **** off a recruiter and I have herd of people going longer than a year I think all you have to do is redo your oath and meps ****

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There's a few in my pool that are actually in DEP more than their year they're allowed, but I'm not sure how they managed that...

Sorry buddy, but I think you're screwed. Either he's not looking, or they just aren't there. There are other cool jobs than infantry, but it's really your choice. Good luck.

~ Poolee Gibson

Your area is probably just out of those contracts buddy. Everyone wants to be a grunt lol. I did, but I got combat support instead. Still combat MOS's so I am happy. Good luck.

Same, I swore in open contract in April and still dont have an MOS. It's really bugging me, my ship date is Jan 10 so I hope I have something by then...

Alot of us were going through the exact same thing not to long ago, best advice that was found was by Kiri, check out the link, a bunch of us took the advice and from what I've read everything worked out.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99490

Good luck guys

The actual site Kiri got the info from is here.

http://futurejarheads.webs.com/mossjobs.htm

Quick question for poolee's i was looking at MOS's yesterday and almost none were available so my Recruiter just put in a Wishlist for me for MOS's im kind of interested in but not entirerly.

Can i delay my shipdate to get the MOS i want? I want to get Intelligence but its not available and the other jobs available is stuff like logistics and communications and personally im not interested into that at all.

from what i have herd Intelligence is next to imposible to get into latley

Thread Information